Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why are we not throwing deep to Wallace anymore...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Why are we not throwing deep to Wallace anymore...

I just cant believe with as fast as Wallace is and his playmaking ability to stretch the defense and out run every single defender in the secondary that the Steelers dont have at least 4-5 plays a game when they are near midfield where they take a shot on go deep for Wallace. We have not seen any of this over the last month or so and it's ridiculous. Arians had better get his head out of his *** this week and get more creative and take some more chances in the passing game. Playing conservative and doing little bubble screens and stupid **** like that will not get it done against this Ravens defense. In my opinion, this is Bruce Arians last chance for him to redeem himself and save his job as the Steelers offensive coordinator this week against the Ravens. Get more creative this week Bruce,go no huddle,spread the weak Ravens secondary out, take more chances deep with Wallace. Doing all of these things will open up the run game for Mendy when the time is right. Simply lining up this week and trying to pound and run on fi1st and 2nd down and then throw on 3rd and long is just not going to get it done this week. Time to man up Arians and start showing some balls and put the ball in the hands of your best player and let him win the game in Ben Roethlisberger.

My Mood
    Love
    Fresh tactics buddy. We gotta try different things in our run twards the playoffs. We gotta be ready for every team....I mean really ready.

Bruce Arians not using something that works? My mind. It has been blown.

It's always a threat, even if not completed. Was attampted against the Raiders and was also attempted vs the Bills, but honestly, Ben didn't have a lot of time to throw the ball. Thankfully, the Steelers emphasized running the ball. However, taking those deep shots prevented the Bills from crowding the box, thus opening up the running game.

O line is crap, no time!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    O line is crap, no time!!
    Yeah. Just wait for Sunday. Jonathan "Swinging Gate" Scott and Kemoeatu might break the record for holds in a game.

dude it was the first game they didnt go deep to him because it was literally covered every time, otherwise they always do. thats why ward had over 100 yards

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Wallace had over 100 yds last weekend and caught 2 or 3 deep balls. They go deep to him several times a game. This time though he was covered like a blanket and wasn't able to get open. The Bills were determined to take away the deep ball so Hines had a big day underneath. Have to take what the defense gives you and sometimes the deep ball isn't there. We countered with the run game and intermediate passing game.

For once I'm impressed with the play calling, BA knew we had to run against the Bills and we did..LOL
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 11-29-2010 at 10:08 PM.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    The OL against the Bills was terrible and there was no time to go deep and if there would have been the deep completion to Wallace would have been called back due to holding........

The game plan was simple against the Bills pound the ball against their terrible run D and keep the Bills spread offense off the field.....Now it almost came to bite the Steelers in the *** and it left the Bills hang around to make a comeback........Again our defense can't hold a lead....lol But still I had no problem with the overall game plan against the Bills....My only question is I hope Tomlin/Arians don't run Mendenhall's wheels off like they did Parker in 2007......

35+ carries is alot to ask from one single RB......Plus when you factor in just the week before they still were pounding Mendenhall late in the game in a blow out against the Raiders........Keep the man fresh since we're going to need him come play-offs......Mendenhall goes down or gets wore out then there isn't much behind him.....I like Redman in his short yardage role but I can't see him carrying a load like Rashard Mendenhall......

O-line plus a pretty darn good Bills secondary.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Thread Information