Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Injury Updates: Ben, Keisel, BMac, Brown, Polamalu, Eason, expected to play vs Ravens

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Love

Injury Updates: Ben, Keisel, BMac, Brown, Polamalu, Eason, expected to play vs Ravens

During the game in Buffalo, the Steelers’ depth at defensive line and cornerback was tested by injuries to Nick Eason and Bryant McFadden.

Eason sprained his MCL, and McFadden injured a hamstring. Neither on was able to return to the game, and Coach Mike Tomlin didn’t have a prognosis on either player in the postgame. When players sustain injuries of that nature and are unable to continue, it’s rare for them to be able to come back and play the following week.

Also, Ben Roethlisberger sprained his right foot at some point late in the first half, but he was able to finish out the game. With the injury, Roethlisberger was able to scramble for 18 yards to convert a third-and-16.

Early in the week, Tomlin had some doubts about Antonio Brown’s potential availability, but he seemed to be confident about Brett Keisel’s.

Brown had some swelling in his knee, and after he was unable to practice either Wednesday or Thursday, he was declared out of the game on Friday. Keisel practiced throughout the week, but then he was added to the injury report on Friday and listed as questionable with a calf injury.

Matt Spaeth missed Wednesday’s practice with a concussion, and then after taking part on Thursday he was back on the sideline on Friday and was listed as doubtful for the game.

Brown, Keisel and Spaeth all were inactive, along with Jonathan Dwyer, Crezdon Butler, Chris Scott and Aaron Smith.

My Mood
    Love

Steelers' Roethlisberger to undergo tests on right foot

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is set to undergo tests on his right foot, injured in the Steelers' 19-16 overtime win over the Buffalo Bills on Sunday, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Roethlisberger remained in the game, playing through what coach Mike Tomlin labeled a foot sprain after the win.

"My foot was in the ground and someone was driving me backwards and my foot couldn't get out of the ground, so my knee just got bent sideways," Roethlisberger told reporters Sunday.

The Steelers' victory also cost them defensive end Nick Eason, who was lost to a sprained medial collateral ligament in his left knee. His return is uncertain.

Roethlisberger was 20-for-33 passing for 246 yards against Buffalo.

The Steelers (8-3) face the Baltimore Ravens (8-3) this Sunday for sole possession of first place in the AFC North.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
    The Steelers' victory also cost them defensive end Nick Eason, who was lost to a sprained medial collateral ligament in his left knee. His return is uncertain.
    Good thing Keisel should be back. We all know Ben won't miss this one.
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    No way Ben misses this one, everybody is going to want to be on the field for this one. With so much on the line I would think the only person that will miss this game will be Smith.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    No way Ben misses this one, everybody is going to want to be on the field for this one. With so much on the line I would think the only person that will miss this game will be Smith.
    If he could stay in and play the rest of the Bills game then it can't be anything too serious. He would have to be knocked unconscious to keep him out of this game.

If Brett Favre can play with 2 broken bones in his ankle, Ben will play with a sprain!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

He'll be good to go. Put some tape on it and take a salt tablet.

My Mood
    jaguars-hater
    This game against the Ravens this Sunday I believe was the main reason that the Steelers sat Brett Keisel out another week so that he is completely beyond a shadow of a doubt ready to go this weekend against Baltimore which I believe he will be...

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Can't be that bad. Why did they have him punt?
    Cleveland Browns suck!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Sirius reported today Ben may miss some practice time this week but he will play on Sunday night.

Thread Information