Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Ravens game next week so much on the line...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Steelers Ravens game next week so much on the line...

Well here it is fellas the rematch is finally a week away and the Steelers have done what they have needed to do to get to this point tied with the Ravens in the standings at 8-3. A Steelers win more or less next week really puts them in the drivers seat to win the AFC North seeing that the Steelers have the easier schedule with the exception of the Jets game and the Ravens have to play tough games at Houston on a Monday night and at home against the Saints 6 days later. A win versus the Ravens puts the Steelers in the drivers seat for not only the division but a bye week and at the very least a number 2 seed in the AFC. If the Steelers also win and go up a game on the Ravens at 9-3 to 8-4 the Ravens even if they would win out and go 12-4 the Ravens would need the Steelers to lose at least one of those division games they have against the Bengals or the Browns to catch them even if the Steelers would lose that game to the Jets here in Pittsburgh in 3 weeks. So not only does next week's game determine the division in the grand scheme of things it could very well also determine if the Steelers have a legit chance of making it to the Super Bowl...Because let's face it even though the 2005 Steelers won 3 games on the road as a wild card team the odds of them doing it again this season as the number 5 or 6 seed while it's not impossible would be a very very tall order...A win next week pretty much puts the Steelers in great position to get that week off at the very least and still in contention for that number 1 seed in the AFC...

Michael Oher went down with a knee injury, once he was out Flacco was under pressure. I think the bucs sacked him 5 times...

This will be key, pressure!!

Our offensive line is horrid BA will have his work cut out for him...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    McClain, Ohrer, and Landry all went out with injuries, none returned. All are having MRI's tomorrow to see how bad the situation is.

This is the game we have all been pointing too since the season started, we all knew the AFC North was going to go a long way to being decided by this game. If the Ravens will they'll more than likely take the division. It's imperative that the Steelers get a win this weekend and get up by that precious game. I am psyched out like crazy for this game coming up. It will be crazy, primetime, football with everything on the line.

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    McClain, Ohrer, and Landry all went out with injuries, none returned. All are having MRI's tomorrow to see how bad the situation is.

This is the game we have all been pointing too since the season started, we all knew the AFC North was going to go a long way to being decided by this game. If the Ravens will they'll more than likely take the division. It's imperative that the Steelers get a win this weekend and get up by that precious game. I am psyched out like crazy for this game coming up. It will be crazy, primetime, football with everything on the line.
    Doesnt matter who the Ravens have out the Steelers have key injuries at key positions as well with Starks,Smith,and Keisel being out the last month or so. So the Ravens can whine and cry about these injuries all they want because they will get no sympathy here. The Steelers have injuries too and if the Ravens are as good or better then the Steelers they will overcome those injuries to Oher and whoever else and win this game. The Ravens need to keep in mind that Charlie Batch wont be the QB in this game for the Steelers that they almost and probably should have lost it will be Ben Roethlisberger. Plus, guys like Sanders were not key contributors in the passing game either like they are now so the Ravens will not see the same Steelers team that they beat back in week 4. The Steelers offensive line MUST play better and not commit dumb untimely stupid penalties next week like they did today if they expect to have a legit chance to win in Baltimore next week.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I never care about what the Ravens cry about, they cry because the sky is blue and not purple. Injuries will be a factor for both teams but the Steelers have got to get this OL situation under control. Njata will be all Pouncey can handle and then some so the other 4 have got to step up their game. We've got weapons, they've got weapons, time to see who wants it more.

Wallace was way too quiet today and Sanders dropped that sure first down/TD. You can't give up those types of splash plays against good divisional opponents. The x factor is Heath, there is nobody in the league that can cover this guy all day, get him involved and let him just eat up that middle zone of the defense.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    If the Oakland game was our most complete game of the season, then this game against the Ravens needs to be our most complete game of the decade. We need to play 60 minutes of Steelers football, not 45, not 59, 60 complete minutes to beat the Ravens in their house. They are 5-0 at home this year, tough place to play anytime of year, but this is Sunday nite, primetime!!!!! The Ravens will be pinning their ears back from the very beginning, they know our OL is banged up. BA needs to take out the bubble screen to Ward out of this weeks game plan, every time I see that play developing, I hold my breath. If a pick 6 is going to happen off that play this year, it will be this week. Dump offs, quick passes and use Wallace, even if he is a one trick pony. BA had better bring his A++++ game this week, his weak *** game planning won't cut it this week!!

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    BA had better bring his A++++ game this week
    You're kidding, right?

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    You're kidding, right?
    lol yeah, I know, he doesn't have one but he needs to bring something other then what he has been bringing to the games this year. This game against Baltimore is the biggest game we will play all year except the AFCCG.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    lol yeah, I know, he doesn't have one but he needs to bring something other then what he has been bringing to the games this year. This game against Baltimore is the biggest game we will play all year except the AFCCG.
    By far. It always feels like it comes down to the Ravens and the Steelers. And I'm pretty sure it does, most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    You're kidding, right?
    I know it's asking a lot, but he has got to finally put together a complete game plan...

Pressure will be coming all night!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information