Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does Harrison get suspended now?

Bookmark and Share
    As much as I hate to say it, and I repeat HATE. I thought Harrison led with the helmet. He could have crushed him with his shoulder pad just the same but probably would have been called for landing with his weight on the QB or some other thing.
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

There it is. I don't like the rule, but it is obvious that he leads with his helmet. He could EASILY have hit him with the shoulders or wrapped him up, or even freaking bodyslam him, but he led with the helmet, and you just can't do that.

--- Added 11/28/2010 at 05:12 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by jnes1216 View Post
    As much as I hate to say it, and I repeat HATE. I thought Harrison led with the helmet. He could have crushed him with his shoulder pad just the same but probably would have been called for landing with his weight on the QB or some other thing.
    You beat me to it
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Rookie Free Agent
    It seems like his arms are short so when he tackles through the opponent it will always look like helmet to helmet in real time. So when the opponent ducks there will be a penalty all day on this. That really sucks
    Last edited by ctsteelah; 11-28-2010 at 08:19 PM. Reason: error

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    honestly, wouldn't surprise me at this point if Harrison does get a suspension.

We'd be screwed b/c Woodley cant get out of a wet paper bag lately
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    You cannot suspend Harrison for a hit that happened in game, and justify only giving Seymour a 25K fine for a blatant punch after the play was over.

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    You cannot suspend Harrison for a hit that happened in game, and justify only giving Seymour a 25K fine for a blatant punch after the play was over.
    They can and I believe they will. Roger is trying to make his point loudly and clearly and I will be very surprised if they don't suspend Harrison for the Ratbird game. It sends the message nothing will save any player from suspension, not even an upcoming division game. We must accept that there has not been, nor will there apparently be this year, equality in the fines/suspensions or any other type of punishment the league can think of between the Steelers and any other player or team.
    :logospin:

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by nuclearchihuahuas View Post
    They can and I believe they will. Roger is trying to make his point loudly and clearly and I will be very surprised if they don't suspend Harrison for the Ratbird game. It sends the message nothing will save any player from suspension, not even an upcoming division game. We must accept that there has not been, nor will there apparently be this year, equality in the fines/suspensions or any other type of punishment the league can think of between the Steelers and any other player or team.
    They won't. It would be extremely hypocritical of the NFL and it would raise more eyebrows than are already being raised.

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    They won't. It would be extremely hypocritical of the NFL and it would raise more eyebrows than are already being raised.
    LOL! They are total hypocrits! I hope everyone claiming no suspension is absolutely right. I am just saying I won't be surprised. Personally, I think Roger has been wetting his pants waiting for this moment. Hey, I also believe that in the next round of contracts, the Steelers should guarantee reimbursement for any fines/suspensions for this particular type of foul. They have to make the player pay it but should find some sort of back end money or some type of bonus to remimburse the amount penalized. Call it a "heavy hitter bonus" or so the league doesn't get upset, they could give a bonus for every tackle that doesn't result in a flag/fine/or suspension. That should make up for the amount the league is taking in these bogus fines.
    :logospin:

Quote Originally Posted by nuclearchihuahuas View Post
    Hey, I also believe that in the next round of contracts, the Steelers should guarantee reimbursement for any fines/suspensions for this particular type of foul. They have to make the player pay it but should find some sort of back end money or some type of bonus to remimburse the amount penalized. Call it a "heavy hitter bonus" or so the league doesn't get upset, they could give a bonus for every tackle that doesn't result in a flag/fine/or suspension. That should make up for the amount the league is taking in these bogus fines.
    That's a great concept but one that I don't think is possible.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    They won't suspend him, but he will get a hefty fine I'm sure. Totally uncalled for once again. He hit the QB in the chest, what else are you supposed to do.
    Seymour slapped Ben after the whistle and was ejected from the game, but only with a $25,000 fine. Many people around the league argued that Seymour, who punched Roethlisberger intentionally, should not have been fined less than Harrison, who unintentionally hit a player illegally.

http://www.pennmanor.net/pennpoints/?p=11676

I bet by next season if there is a season, they will have all fines, what you have to do to be suspended, etc layed out like they should have had prior to this season.
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

Thread Information