Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First photshop try...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

First photshop try...

I just started playing around with photoshop today instead of using my usual PSP7...Ive been fumbling around with it for the last 90 minutes just trying to see what all the menu options do..

Here is the first attempt, Im mainly looking for your thoughts on Willie, as I used BR7's tutorial for cutting out players. I just used a generic background and basic font to see how the player looked against it. Thoughts onthe cutout job? I think I fubard on the right side of his helmet strap just a bit...

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    I think the helmet is good. It doesn't really stand out. I would probably just remove the rest of it, at the shoulder.

The triceps area though on both arms aren't 'curved.' Looks like they are too sharp, IMO.

When cutting, zoom in a ton.. 700% +
    Helps when making curved parts. Space em closer together too, or if you want to get jiggy with it, once you click a point, hold it and drag to the next one to get a feel how you can 'curve' the line.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I zoomed in 700, but I couldnt get that curve thing down no matter how hard I tried. I get it on 1 curve, then I couldnt get it on the next

#1 Hater of the other 30 SteelCityMan786's Avatar
    Not bad man.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I think I need a break now, it's starting to **** me off I'll mess around with it more tomorrow.

#1 Hater of the other 30 SteelCityMan786's Avatar
    Might help if your that ticked.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Not really mad, just alittle frustrated is all. I know PSP7 like the back of my hand so it just takes alittle longer than I'd like to learn PSD.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I think this one turned out alittle better with the cut. Again, dont worry about the font, I'll figure that out as I go. I love this blending of backgrounds, especially that "liquify" option, way cool...

House of Steel
    I like that one above, Matt. Super Job!!! I don't care for the first one, BR-7 made a point around the triceps, not only that, the lighting on the helmet dims out the numbers. Especially the 3

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I think this one turned out alittle better with the cut. Again, dont worry about the font, I'll figure that out as I go. I love this blending of backgrounds, especially that "liquify" option, way cool...

That cut is 100x better. Even the coloring is better.

Did you use the 'levels' to fix the colors on that one? Or did you get a better pic?

Thread Information