Thread: A Smart Idea

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar

A Smart Idea

I've heard people talk about this for years now and not many people dont like it... 2 preseason games and 18 regular season games. it's hard to disagree with. Sure coaches might need to see guys that will be the last 5-10 guys on the roster but it shouldnt take 4 games, and the veterans dont need a full month either. Lets the fans have what they want, more football

Just my opinion...
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I hate having 4 preseason games, trust me by the 3rd one Im on the edge of my seat hoping no vets get injured. On the flip side of it, if we were to do 2 preseason games and 18 regular season games, you could end up with less than a stellar performance for the first few weeks as everyone gets back into the swing of things so you can either end up with a watered down first month of the season or have 4 pre season games with 16 regular games and maybe only the first week or 2 is less than a stellar performance.

It's a trade off, but personally I hate the 4 preseason games too. I'd be happy with 3.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    well i wouldn't mind that until i read brc's post. we need the 4 games, to get **** straight, you don't want the season to start 2 weeks sooner and end up going 0-2 and not have any confedince the rest of the season. at least in preseason you get those cob webs out of the way and the losing doesn't count so you don't really lose that confedience you just brush it off. then by the time the season starts you are pumped and ready to go
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    If you want to get rid of cob webs then start training camp a week or two earlier. And starters usually only play a few series so if they just stay in longer then they basically play the same amount in 2 games that they would in 4.
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    A longer training camp would help, as would maybe some more scrimmages instead of actual all out games. Scrimmages would be nice to get into the spirit of games and get some reps in for the starters.

Thread Information