Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ziggy Hood

Bookmark and Share
    I think Hood had one good play and many poor plays. On a couple tackles he was blown off the line and the runner ran into him.

On one of the first bombs Hood ran wide to pressure Flacco but got nowhere near him. His lack of speed/explosion was evident last night. I know a couple guys have really been on him since he got here and I thought perhaps they were over-generalizing. I think I saw exactky what they meant last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    would have been a great play on 2nd down.

--- Added 12/6/2010 at 06:41 PM ---

"Zig" will be ok. Biggest thing the DL needs to do (except for Kiesel) is get their hands up on passing plays. Brett is the only one who does it.
    eason bats passes down more than keisel

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    would have been a great play on 2nd down.
    I said the SAME exact thing. There was a big cushion and Wallace would have walked in.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Trap86 View Post
    He's making strides, but he's still failing to show any 1st round impact. Polamolu, Hampton, Faneca, Timmons, Mendenhall, Holmes, POUNCEY...these are some of our first round picks. Hood hasn't had much of an impact at all since he got here, but in his defense he is working hard and trying to make it happen, just hasn't yet.
    Its hard for lineman in a 3-4 to get credit. Look at Aaron Smith. That guy still doesn't get the credit he deserves. Not that Ziggy is playing at that level, but those three guys up front are the reason the LB are making plays. And Hood is a part of that. He will get better. This is a hard Def to learn.
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    Its hard for lineman in a 3-4 to get credit. Look at Aaron Smith. That guy still doesn't get the credit he deserves. Not that Ziggy is playing at that level, but those three guys up front are the reason the LB are making plays. And Hood is a part of that. He will get better. This is a hard Def to learn.
    literally everyone knows this....thats not the point, we (especially me) dont want huge numbers, but solid contributions would be terrific. i can accept aaron smith as a master of his position without the stats, i can certainly tell when a rookie DE is doing well. your not uncovering the mystery of evander hood by claiming he doesnt play a big number positions, we know

My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    literally everyone knows this....thats not the point, we (especially me) dont want huge numbers, but solid contributions would be terrific. i can accept aaron smith as a master of his position without the stats, i can certainly tell when a rookie DE is doing well. your not uncovering the mystery of evander hood by claiming he doesnt play a big number positions, we know

I know you used to think "no," but after watching Hood start several games, do you think he can play the position, especially if next year is another back-up year for him? Do you think Hood can start in the season after next if Smith retires? (Next season is the last season on Smith's contract, I am pretty sure)

no i do not think he has a future as a major contributor on this team. i think he will go back to being a backup....i think they will certainly draft another DE in the first 2-3 rounds this year and probably a NT too. I expect cameron heyward to be a steeler is hes available when they choose, and his lack of pass rush ability makes it look promising that he will fall. dont look at that as a negative thing either because he is a monster 5 tech and exactly what he need to work that strong side LDE spot, hood might be better suited for the weak side being that he is an attacking player rather than a hold his own with leverage type.

realistically hoods ability will be wasted as long as he is playing in a 34

Thread Information