Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 57

Thread: Ziggy Hood

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #41
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,876
    Arians is our biggest loser... three years and your supposed to get better right? like any player should.... well... BA is our achilles heel this year. He is probably worse now... Summers is a better keep than arians. If Troy doesnt hit Flacco we lose scoring 6 points in the game... Kinda like last year in Cleveland... 10-6

    Hood will be fine... He is a beast. I dont recall any of our current DL players starting like Pouncey did as a rookie...

  2. #42
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,387
    How about the screen to Wallace at the 3! Not a good play call!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

  3. #43
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,876
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    How about the screen to Wallace at the 3! Not a good play call!
    He was supposed to jump 7 feet and go over them... Arians figured he didnt need any blocking... im surprised it wasnt ward over there on that catch..

  4. #44
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,413
    it was his best game so far hands down....and you saw woodley benefit from it greatly too.

    hood is really good off the edge and thats how thye are using him, hes not so good in the traditional role though, but for a big man he gets a pass rush around the edge

  5. #45
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,387
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    He was supposed to jump 7 feet and go over them... Arians figured he didnt need any blocking... im surprised it wasnt ward over there on that catch..
    LOL, yea no one in front to block! Maybe just maybe have him run into the EZ then throw the ball to him!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

  6. #46
    JensK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Denmark, Aalborg
    Posts
    4,156
    I am having a hard time figuring out whether or not he is being limited by the scheme, or if he just sucks. Last night, he actually played pretty well at times, but other times he would totally get beat off the snap and drop back into some sort of zone coverage looking play, where he would run lateral without touching the o-line player. It looked really strange. I understand the concept behind x-fire blitzes etc, but that was not it.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

  7. #47
    2nd String harpo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    636
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    it was his best game so far hands down....and you saw woodley benefit from it greatly too.

    hood is really good off the edge and thats how thye are using him, hes not so good in the traditional role though, but for a big man he gets a pass rush around the edge
    I noticed that the Ravens were doubling him at times, which kinda surprised me.

  8. #48
    Starter cmerrifield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wilmore KY
    Posts
    1,662
    My Mood
    Impatient
    I think Hood will come around. He seems to be getting better each game. I think he is a serviceable backup for another season with Keisel locked up and Smith probably returning for his last year. I think it will be his fourth year before he starts playing at the level of Keisel or Smith, which is sad for a 1st round pick, but as long as he keeps improving, I can live with it.

  9. #49
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,876
    Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    I think Hood will come around. He seems to be getting better each game. I think he is a serviceable backup for another season with Keisel locked up and Smith probably returning for his last year. I think it will be his fourth year before he starts playing at the level of Keisel or Smith, which is sad for a 1st round pick, but as long as he keeps improving, I can live with it.
    he was #32 not #2

  10. #50
    Starter Goodfrom55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Stroudsburg, PA
    Posts
    2,000
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    How about the screen to Wallace at the 3! Not a good play call!

    would have been a great play on 2nd down.

    --- Added 12/6/2010 at 06:41 PM ---

    "Zig" will be ok. Biggest thing the DL needs to do (except for Kiesel) is get their hands up on passing plays. Brett is the only one who does it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Ziggy Hood making a name for himself now
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 09:01 AM
  2. Welcome to the NFL Ziggy Hood
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-28-2009, 03:50 PM
  3. Hood progressing nicely
    By JensK in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-05-2009, 05:30 PM
  4. Ziggy Hood
    By schevpsu in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-02-2009, 08:25 AM
  5. Welcome Ziggy Hood - Steelers 2009 1st round draft choice
    By SteelCityMan786 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 10:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •