Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holmes trade could be worst ever

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Buzzed

Holmes trade could be worst ever

Holmes had another 2 TD's today, one in the last 10 seconds to win the game. This is the fourth week in a row he has won the game in the 4th quarter for the Jets. Yes I know he might not have resigned anyway and we had to make an example out of him blah blah blah all that **** the Rooneys told everybody, but a 5th round pick for Holmes?? This guy is in his prime right now. 2008 playoffs and the Superbowl would be the strongest examples of what he can do, and that's big plays in big games...on top of that he was a Raven killer. No disrespect to Wallace, because he has been killing it this year.
    Our 5th round picks were Scott, Butler and Sylvester btw

I'm trying to think which move was worse, Steelers trading Holmes to the Jets for a 5th rounder or the Dolphins trading Welker to the Patriots for a 2nd

Holmess.jpg
    Last edited by Steel Trap86; 11-22-2010 at 02:20 AM.

Wallace's pace for 1200 yards in his second year kind of lessens the pain. It took Holmes 4 years to do that. But I agree, a downright assaholic move trading him for a 5th round draft pick. Especially considering we gave away our 4th for absolutely nothing.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I've seen "supposed" great teams like the Jets do this before. And teams like that won't be around when the smoke clears. You can't keep flirting with losses every week. It will catch up to them. No worries.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I hate it. A recieving corp with Ward, Holmes, and Wallace? Can't belive that opportunity got away from us.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Trap86 View Post
    I'm trying to think which move was worse, Steelers trading Holmes to the Jets for a 5th rounder or the Dolphins trading Welker to the Patriots for a 2nd
    The worst trade ever? Oh please. The Holmes deal is probably not even in the top 10.

The worst deal every was the Herschel Walker deal although the Elway deal dang close.

Here's a list by ESPN (includes all sports.)

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/trades/010716.html

This won't be "the worst trade ever" once Santonio Holmes fails another **** test and gets suspended for an entire season.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

it was knee jerk... a 2nd round would have made some sense. or trade him after the 4 week suspension like the Moss deal to a team in need during season.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    The worst trade ever? Oh please. The Holmes deal is probably not even in the top 10.

The worst deal every was the Herschel Walker deal although the Elway deal dang close.

Here's a list by ESPN (includes all sports.)

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/trades/010716.html
    Read your own link, those are all ranked based on the players impact with his new team. Holmes hasn't even played a full year and we're now starting to see the chemistry built with Sanchez and he's tearing **** up while being targeted twice as much now. He's a closer, plain and simple. He closes games out and any Steeler fan knows it. Holmes shines in the playoffs and I think this is just the beginning for him.
    Last edited by Steel Trap86; 11-22-2010 at 08:39 AM.

Santonio Holmes gets to wear his favorite color now: GREEN.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Santonio Holmes gets to wear his favorite color now: GREEN.
    Congratulations man that is the lamest **** I've heard in about 2 years lol almost as bad as "Rapistburger"

Thread Information