Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seymour only fined 25k

Bookmark and Share

Seymour only fined 25k

No suspension just a fine for $25k. Shameful by the NFL. IF this was on Manning or Brady it would be multi-game suspension for sure.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

Oakland Raiders defensive end Richard Seymour has been fined $25,000 for striking Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, reports NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora, via a league source.

Steelers linebacker James Harrison feels that the NFL should suspend Seymour, who was ejected after punching Roethlisberger in the jaw with an open hand in the Steelers' 35-3 win on Sunday.

Unlock HQ Video HQ video delivered by Akamai
    "I don't see why not," Harrison told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "They're trying to suspend guys for hits when that's within the whistles, some hits that guys can't even stop from doing. It's an adjustment that a receiver makes to what you are about to do to him, and you end up hitting helmet to helmet. You're talking about suspending a guy for that? You tell me what the next step is for a guy who blatantly, outside the play, it's already thrown, and a guy is going to celebrate with his teammates and you punch him in the face."

Harrison, a former AP NFL Defensive Player of the Year, briefly threatened to retire after the NFL fined him $75,000 for his Oct. 17 helmet hit on Cleveland Browns wide receiver Mohamed Massaquoi.

Harrison was one of three players punished by the NFL for helmet-to-helmet hits following Week 6. He was fined $25,000 more than New England Patriots safety Brandon Meriweather and Atlanta Falcons cornerback Dunta Robinson were because the league considered Harrison a repeat offender.

After completing a 22-yard touchdown pass to Emmanuel Sanders, Roethlisberger jumped into the arms of offensive tackle Flozell Adams. Roethlisberger then began walking forward and appeared to say something to Seymour, who turned and struck the quarterback in the jaw with his open right hand. Seymour would not confirm that Roethlisberger provoked him.

"You heard a lot of stuff going on," Seymour told reporters after the game. "I never complain about what happens in the trenches. You've never heard me complain about anything that goes on. Like I said, my main focus is on the team and not doing anything to hurt the team."

Roethlisberger told reporters he only said: "Let's get ready for the extra point."

Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey (knee contusion), left guard Chris Kemoeatu (cramps) and left tackle Jonathan Scott (ankle) suffered injuries in the win, but none appear serious.

Pouncey told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that it is unlikely he will undergo an MRI exam to assess damage to his left knee.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
    Last edited by jnes1216; 11-22-2010 at 06:09 PM.
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

I'm going to call this team the Dangerfields. "No respect."

Good job, Goodell. Way to not hurt Seymour's feelings. He said he was sorry, that's good enough.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Christ. You have got to be kidding me.

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    $25,000 dollars. Your suspicion is confirmed. Why didn't Ben's teamates kick Seemore's ***? Hope they weren't scared. Just sayin.
    Last edited by RIVERS OF STEEL; 11-22-2010 at 06:26 PM.

And their fans.

Draft Pick
    I know it is a teams goal every year to win the Super Bowl, and I am not upset when we don't go to the Super Bowl every year, that's just unrealistic. You can't win them all. However, I truly hope that the Steelers win the Super Bowl this year, just to stick to Roger Goodell. Revenge is a dish best served cold!

Quote Originally Posted by RIVERS OF STEEL View Post
    $25,000 dollars. Your suspicion is confirmed. Why didn't Ben's teamates kick Seemore's ***? Hope they weren't scared.
    I doubt they were scared of Seymour; probably scared of Goodell. They would have been fined $100k each and suspended for the duration of the season.

25k for a palm to the face is quite a bit....i was fined 300 for decking someone in the face once

My Mood
    Buzzed
    25k is a joke. Harrisson got 100k for hitting somebody between the whistles and had a case for himself. This isn't the first time Seymour has pulled some **** like this either. Just goes to show Goodell doesn't give a **** and handed out the smallest fine possible.

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    I doubt they were scared of Seymour; probably scared of Goodell. They would have been fined $100k each and suspended for the duration of the season.
    ur right on that. and they probably would have been suspended for the rest of the season as well. .... we are screwed. makes the outcome of every game we play from here on out suspect in fact.
    Last edited by RIVERS OF STEEL; 11-22-2010 at 06:30 PM.

And their fans.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    steeler haters are LOVING this by the way lol i've seen about 10 signatures already with that hit over and over.

i don't even think raider fans care as much about the loss, just that they got to see ben got knocked

Thread Information