Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers and Ravens last 6 games...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    texans-hater

Steelers and Ravens last 6 games...

Here they are and if you look at it closely clearly it says advantage Steelers

Steelers schedule:at Buffalo,at Baltimore,Cincinnati,NY Jets,Carolina,and at Cleveland

Ravens schedule: Tampa Bay,Pittsburgh,at Houston,New Orleans,at Cleveland,Cincinnati

I think it will all come down to that game in 13 days in Baltimore in determining not only who will win the North but also be a top 2 seed in the AFC. Lets assume the Ravens and the Steelers win their next game against the Bucs and the Bills and both move to 8-3 and let's assume the Ravens beat the Steelers the following week and move to 9-3 and 3-1 in the division and drop the Steelers to 8-4 and 2-2 in the North. They will then own the head to head tiebraker within the division the rest of the way unless they drop a game to either the Browns or Bengals which I dont think they will do. In contrast, if the Steelers win the game in Baltimore and improve to 9-3 and 3-1 in the North and drop the Ravens to 8-4 and 2-2 in the North then it's going to be very very tough for the Ravens to catch the Steelers when you compare the two teams schedules the rest of the way. The Steelers as I mentioned above have the Bengals,Jets,and Panthers at home and go to Cleveland their last 4 games, while the Ravens play games at Houston,home to New Orleans,at Cleveland and home to Cincy. Even if the Ravens win all those games and finish at 12-4 and the Steelers lets say lose to the Jets and beat the Bengals,Panthers,and Browns which they very well should do and finish 12-4 the Steelers would still win the tiebraker over the Ravens based on better division record 5-1 to the Ravens 4-2. The Ravens would really need the Steelers to lose one of those games to Cincy or the Browns to still have a chance to catch the Steelers in the North and win the division tiebraker.

So the Steelers could essentially lose that game to the Jets and win the other 3 against Cincy,Carolina,and the Browns which would put them at 12-4 and even if the Ravens win their last 4 games the rest of the season against Houston,New Orleans,Cleveland,and Cincinnati and finish 12-4 they would still lose the head to head tiebraker because the Steelers would win the North based on a better division record 5-1 to the Ravens 4-2. I think as things stand now looking at both teams last 4 games and comparing the schedules if the Ravens do not beat the Steelers in Baltimore in 2 weeks it's going to be very very tough for them to win the North. The Steelers have home games with the two worst teams in each conference in Cincy and Carolina,and a game at Cleveland which is not a gimmie but still a game I think they should win. While the Ravens have games at Houston who is still tough despite their record, the Saints who appear to be hitting their stride, and at Cleveland and Cincinnati at home. That loss the Ravens suffered to the pathetic Bengals in week 2 is really going to come back to bite them big time if they dont beat the Steelers in Baltimore.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    Here they are and if you look at it closely clearly it says advantage Steelers

If I have to look at it that closely, then it's not clearly an advantage.

It does look like a slight edge to the Steelers mainly because Baltimore has Tampa, who's 7-3 right now and Houston who's aweful. Steelers have Buffalo and Carolina who both stink.

My Mood
    texans-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    If I have to look at it that closely, then it's not clearly an advantage.

It does look like a slight edge to the Steelers mainly because Baltimore has Tampa, who's 7-3 right now and Houston who's aweful. Steelers have Buffalo and Carolina who both stink.
    If the Steelers beat the Ravens in 2 weeks and improve to 9-3 assuming of course they beat the Bills this Sunday in Buffalo which we all believe they will do then as I mentioned the Steelers could even lose that game to the Jets and finish at 12-4 and the Ravens could win out and finish at 12-4 and they would still not win the division over the Steelers. The Steelers should they beat the Ravens in 2 weeks unless they drop one of those games to either the Bengals or Browns within the AFC North have no chance to catch the Steelers even if the Ravens win out against Houston,New Orleans,Cleveland,and Cincy and the Steelers happen to lose that game to the Jets. They would lose the division record tiebraker 5-1 for the Steelers to the Ravens 4-2. That's where that loss the Ravens had to the Bengals in early September could really really hurt their chances of winning the division...

I like the chances this team has this year. They owe the Ravens one; that is definitely the biggest game left this season. I just hope that this team doesn't look past the Bills this week.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    If the Steelers beat the Ravens in 2 weeks and improve to 9-3 assuming of course they beat the Bills this Sunday in Buffalo which we all believe they will do then as I mentioned the Steelers could even lose that game to the Jets and finish at 12-4 and the Ravens could win out and finish at 12-4 and they would still not win the division over the Steelers.
    That's going to be the big game. Winner of that game will probably win the division.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    That game in Baltimore is going to be HUGE. The Steelers should be able to beat the Bills this sunday and I don't see the Ravens losing to Tampa at home, although it's not a for sure thing. It's going to be Steelers (8-3) at Ravens (8-3) next week!!!

My Mood
    texans-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Trap86 View Post
    That game in Baltimore is going to be HUGE. The Steelers should be able to beat the Bills this sunday and I don't see the Ravens losing to Tampa at home, although it's not a for sure thing. It's going to be Steelers (8-3) at Ravens (8-3) next week!!!
    I dont see the Ravens losing to Tampa Bay either. I just dont think the Bucs as well as they have played this season with their 7-3 record have what it takes to go into Baltimore and beat a pretty good Ravens team who doesnt lose at home too often. There is a reason that the Bucs have lost to teams like the Steelers,Saints,and Falcons this year and beat teams such as Carolina twice,Cleveland,Cincinnati,St Louis,Arizona, and San Francisco and that is they are not as good as their 7-3 record indicates. They havent beaten anybody at all looking at their schedule...Plus, I dont want to face the Ravens with them coming off a loss either to be quite honest with you. The Ravens under Harbaugh have played very good football at home especially late in the year and the odds of them dropping 2 home games in a row back to back weeks are just not very good and will make it even that much tougher on the Steelers to go in there and win that game...

Don't look past the Bills, just say'n!!

My Mood
    texans-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Don't look past the Bills, just say'n!!
    If the Steelers lose to the Bills they dont deserve to make the playoffs much less win the North over the Ravens and be a top 2 seed in the AFC. The Bills while they have won 2 games in a row beating Detroit and Cincinnati are still not very good. The Bengals as bad as they have been playing took a 28-7 lead on them before the half yesterday and totally imploded in that game which is the only reason the Bills did win. And the Lions as bad as they are on the road and just set a new losing streak losing 25 games in a row on the road almost went into Buffalo and won and only lost by 2 points. The bottom line the Steelers need to do and should do exactly what they did yesterday to the Raiders to the Bills on Sunday and that's get up early and by 2 or 3 scores before halftime and the game will be over. I know Fitzpatrick has been playing well but the Bills will not be able to run the ball in this game and if they cant do that with any degree of success they should be able to get to Fitzpatrick and sack him many times and force a lot of turnovers...

I hear ya dude, but I hate to look past a team even if it is the Bills...It should be a smack down but I've learned....

Thread Information