Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers keep pace with the Ravens at 7-3...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    saints-hater

Steelers keep pace with the Ravens at 7-3...

Nice win today for the Steelers against a Raiders team who came into this game red hot and had 2 weeks to prepare for this game. The Steelers pretty much dominated the Raiders and Oakland could do nothing offensively. This was clearly a game I had stated earlier this week that the Steelers absolutely had to win if they were still going to be taken seriously and have a legit chance to still win the AFC North. I mentioned also that Oakland while they were improved was still not very good and had not beaten anybody really that good so far this season and lost to teams like Arizona and San Francisco. The Steelers clearly outclassed the Raiders in all areas on the field today. Much like everybody knew as well the Ravens stomped a horrible Panthers team and now there is only 1 game left between now and the meeting 2 weeks from tonight in Baltimore between the Steelers and the Ravens in a game that will go a long long way to deciding who wins the AFC North. The Steelers go to Buffalo next week who won their second game in a row hanging 49 points on the Bengals,while the Ravens host the Bucs next week. Glad to see the Jets come back and win as well seeing that both the Ravens and the Steelers want the Jets to stay ahead of the Pats and win the division in the East so that the winner of the North will have an excellent chance to get the number 1 seed in the AFC

Ravens didn't impress me today. playing the panthers who started a 3rd string QB and RB, and the score was 20-13 at one point in the 4th quarter

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by mwittman5 View Post
    Ravens didn't impress me today. playing the panthers who started a 3rd string QB and RB, and the score was 20-13 at one point in the 4th quarter
    Yeah Panthers lost that game in the 4th quarter. The Ravens didn't win it.

Steelers have just one big problem right now - injuries. We cannot beat Ravens in Baltimore if our o-line and d-line is this banged up. Ravens are far too good for that. While Bills are playing some great football at the moment (they actually are - most of their looses are same kind of games we had in 09), I think we need to sit a few of those players who are banged up, like Keisel and Kemo. Not sure about Pouncey yet, but I guess Legursky can play a game at center if needed.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Steelers have just one big problem right now - injuries. We cannot beat Ravens in Baltimore if our o-line and d-line is this banged up. Ravens are far too good for that.
    I don't know about that, the Ravens have 16 sacks the Raiders came in today with 27. The bigger problem with the Ravens is familiarity the Ravens know us inside and out but the reverse is also true.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    I don't know about that, the Ravens have 16 sacks the Raiders came in today with 27. The bigger problem with the Ravens is familiarity the Ravens know us inside and out but the reverse is also true.
    They may not get a bunch of sacks, but they sure know how to provide plenty of pressure! Besides, Ravens usually knows how to get to Big Ben even with our "strongest" o-line playing.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Ravens are not the juggernaut that they think they are. They are a good team but they are far from unbeatable. They showed that all year long by just squeaking out some games and having to come back in the 4th in others.

I cannot wait till that showdown in Baltimore, it's going to be a wild, crazy game, and the AFC will be on the line. I credit Bills for a big win today against the hapless Bengals who are beyond pathetic. The Steelers can't stay on their high from this game though, they need to focus and get back to work.

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Steelers have just one big problem right now - injuries. We cannot beat Ravens in Baltimore if our o-line and d-line is this banged up. Ravens are far too good for that. While Bills are playing some great football at the moment (they actually are - most of their looses are same kind of games we had in 09), I think we need to sit a few of those players who are banged up, like Keisel and Kemo. Not sure about Pouncey yet, but I guess Legursky can play a game at center if needed.
    I agree they need everybody 100 percent healthy for that game with the Ravens in 2 weeks. If that means sitting guys like Keisel and Kemo against a bad Bills team then so be it. No reason why the Steelers shouldnt do the exact samething they did to the Raiders this week to the Bills next week. If the Steelers jump on the Bills early in this game and get up by 14-17 points the Bills much like the Raiders today will have no chance of coming back and winning...

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    We have two weeks to get the wounded back. All hands will have to be on deck for that game.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Warren, OH. It's about a hour & 45 minutes NW from the Burgh.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    The Ravens are not the juggernaut that they think they are. They are a good team but they are far from unbeatable. They showed that all year long by just squeaking out some games and having to come back in the 4th in others.

I cannot wait till that showdown in Baltimore, it's going to be a wild, crazy game, and the AFC will be on the line. I credit Bills for a big win today against the hapless Bengals who are beyond pathetic. The Steelers can't stay on their high from this game though, they need to focus and get back to work.

Yes, the Steelers need to stay even keeled and focused and bring the same kind of intensity they brought to the Raiders game. I'm happy the Steelers won of course, but I think the Raiders were in the process of getting overrated. Now, it's important that the Steelers do not underestimate the Bills, Fitzpatrick seems to be lighting it up lately.

On another note, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bucs beat the Ravens next sunday.

Thread Information