Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin took control of his team this week

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Tomlin took control of his team this week

The Steelers were in full pads on Wednesday's practice, which doesn't normally happen.
    He cut Jeff Reed. He benched Essex this week and played Foster instead.

He made it known that this team needs to step up and be accounted for. Nobody gets a pass, nobody gets off easy, they practiced hard and the veterans stepped up. The team elevated their game and Tomlin deserves some credit for taking ahold of those guys and getting their heads out of their asses. He needed to this, he needed to assert himself put these guys on notice.

They played like crap last weekend, couldn't do anything right and got embarrassed in primetime in their own house. They weren't perfect today, but after last week I'll take a win like this anytime. As much as we rag on the coaching staff, this week they were on their game so give them props.

Wow! What a game! I agree they should be put on notice. Everyone is replaceable including players. They should know this by now. Maybe it's because they get pay the big bucks and think they can't be replace? I would hope not? But there are some players who are like that though. I would like to think the steelers are different then most teams when it come to that.

My Mood
    Clowns
    I agree this was a big game for Mike Tomlin and this Steelers team because had they lost this game the talk of complete meltdown would have been coming up all over again, Kudos for Tomlin for making changes and making them practice in pads this week on Wednesday and going for the kill today against the Raiders early and often in this game. Good stuff all around today and hopefully it carries over next week and the Steelers put a similar thumping on a bad Bills team next weekend in Buffalo...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I was thinking about your recent threads 43, about Tomlin when I wrote this..lol. Tomlin had to step up and assert himself and pull this team together. They had to get back to basics in practice this week because they were ugly last week. Couldn't tackle, pass, catch, run, anything. It definitely needs to carry over and hopefully it's a great jump start to the 2nd half of the season.

Hats off to the coaching staff....ALSO i hate to but i must give props to BA i liked the play calling...Now we need to keep it up

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I was thinking about your recent threads 43, about Tomlin when I wrote this..lol. Tomlin had to step up and assert himself and pull this team together. They had to get back to basics in practice this week because they were ugly last week. Couldn't tackle, pass, catch, run, anything. It definitely needs to carry over and hopefully it's a great jump start to the 2nd half of the season.
    I really think this win can go along way if the Steelers end up winning the North and turning things around. I have been jumping down Tomlin's throat here recently but he deserves a ton of credit today for stepping it up and for the Steelers complete team effort today all the way across the board. He let it be known that there was going to be no letdown similar to last year and today's win against a sub-par Oakland team I think shows that and will put a lot of that talk to rest...

Add to it playing Sanders and Brown in lieu of ARE.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Yeah, ARE worked his way into the doghouse... and he should stay there for the rest of the year after what was saw of Sanders and Brown today.

Tomlin is a great leader... Arians is the weak link. That being said, the offensive play calling was actually pretty decent today and the execution by the players was EVEN BETTER.

I actually saw some short pass routes, and slants which was amazing to see!

Brown and Sanders are $$$$$!

Troy, you're back!! He whiffed on a few but overall played good ball today!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by igor0190 View Post
    Y

I actually saw some short pass routes, and slants which was amazing to see!
    Did one of those slants end have 45 yards after the catch for a TD?
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Thread Information