Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nike NFL uniforms

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Fight

Nike NFL uniforms

The color schemes are interesting, to say the least, with teams like the Minnesota Vikings and Pittsburgh Steelers getting among the most drastic makeovers.

pics on the link

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-287637

Shutdown Corner ShareretweetEmailPrintSat Nov 20 12:48am EST

"Leaked" NFL uniform concepts are actually fan art
    By Doug Farrar

Earlier this week, a post on the Baltimore Sun's Ravens message board had a post with links to images that purported to be Nike Pro Combat uniform designs for the 2012 NFL season. That's when Nike will replace Reebok as the league's uniform supplier, and Nike's Charlie Denson said in October of this year that the company "(plans) on changing the NFL jersey dramatically just like we've done with the college programs, using new thinking and the greatest technology available. The NFL program hasn't had the same type of advancement in recent years."

Those with fears that Nike would do to the NFL's uniforms what has been done to the on-field apparel of the Oregon Ducks' football team - a series of alternate uniforms, each more bizarre than the last - may have had those fears compounded by the images of the supposedly new NFL designs. The color schemes are interesting, to say the least, with teams like the Minnesota Vikings and Pittsburgh Steelers getting among the most drastic makeovers.

The new designs made their way around the internet, with responses running the gamut. But Yahoo! Sports has confirmed with a Nike source what has been reported elsewhere through the day -- the designs are not real, and the graphics have nothing whatsoever to do with whatever changes Nike may be making to the NFL uniforms. They are well-done but amateur-created art, most likely based on the current Pro Combat college uniform concepts. (That is to say, well-done for the most part -- whoever designed the new fake Kansas City Chiefs uni needs to go back to the drawing board).

There will be more information about the actual NFL uniforms in the near future, and Shutdown Corner will be on the scene. Stay tuned...
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

My Mood
    Sunshine
    I don't know how anyone could think Nike was making uniform changes when it's the team that design the uniforms.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    I don't know how anyone could think Nike was making uniform changes when it's the team that design the uniforms.
    that, the person that did this should just get run over by a car imo, they look horrible anyway.

My Mood
    Addicted
    If there is a 2012 season...

Arena football!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    There is no way that the Rooney's would allow the Steelers uniforms to be changed for anyone. They've been almost exactly the same for as long as any Steeler fan can remember. The only changes they've made is to the font of the numbers and the little Steelers logo on the chest now.

Nike, Reebok, or anybody else has no say in how the uniforms are designed, they are just the manufacturer. The teams decide what they want.

Westerville, OH now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

My Social Networks

Follow StlersGuy On Twitter Add StlersGuy on Facebook Add StlersGuy on Google+ Visit StlersGuy's Youtube Channel
    The color schemes are interesting, to say the least, with teams like the Minnesota Vikings and Pittsburgh Steelers getting among the most drastic makeovers.
    what do they have in store for us...

My Mood
    Fight
    Quote Originally Posted by StlersGuy View Post
    what do they have in store for us...

Hopefully not like the cheifs uni's in the pic
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

The only thing that Nike will have a say in will be changing how the jerseys fit. Maybe they'll make the sleeves more fitted and taper them more from the chest to waist or something like that. I've always thought they should have different fits for the players VS the fans... I don't know about you, but I don't wear shoulder pads when I wear my jersey out.

Westerville, OH now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

My Social Networks

Follow StlersGuy On Twitter Add StlersGuy on Facebook Add StlersGuy on Google+ Visit StlersGuy's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazedby92 View Post
    Hopefully not like the cheifs uni's in the pic
    I hear ya..them are ugly

Thread Information