Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 11: Steelers vs. Raiders

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Mellow

Week 11: Steelers vs. Raiders

Top 10 things I'm looking for this Sunday:

http://steelersal.forummotion.com/st...2160.htm#21049
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

The Raiders played the Titans and KC if that means anything. Other than that. I wish the Steelers had a schedule like that.

If the real Steelers show up, hell should be unleashed on the Raiders. They have not played a top team all season.. Well KC..

KC is a pretender!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Clowns
    The Raiders are not a very good road team at all and have won 4 of the 5 games they have won at home. They got absolutely spanked on opening day in Tennessee against the Titans, and lost to two bad NFC West teams on the road in Arizona and San Francisco who got their first win of the year against the Raiders after starting 0-5. Traditionally West Coast teams that travel to the East Coast for early 1 o clock games just do not play well because of the time zone difference. This is simply a game that the Steelers have got to win when you look at the remaining games on the schedule if the Steelers want to make the playoffs and win the division and get a top 2 seed. Losing to the Raiders 2 years in a row at Heinz Field will be completely and totally inexcusable and if it does indeed happen all signs once again will point to another mid-season late November Mike Tomlin implosion for the 3rd time in 4 years...

--- Added 11/18/2010 at 02:58 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    The Raiders played the Titans and KC if that means anything. Other than that. I wish the Steelers had a schedule like that.

If the real Steelers show up, hell should be unleashed on the Raiders. They have not played a top team all season.. Well KC..
    The Raiders have wins this year against Denver,St Louis,Kansas City,Seattle and San Diego when they were really struggling.

Quite frankly if the Steelers lose on Sunday, they don't deserve to go to the playoffs.

Hope not to get blasted here, but IMO, the STeelers are a playoff team, but not a SB team this year. Too many injuries and vulnerabilities on the O-line and secondary to overcome. I see them making the playoffs, and winning a game or two before bowing out.

Just hoping the Steelers go back to their roots and run Mendenhall 30 times on SUnday. Like to see them do so out of 3 wide sets so the Raiders can't stack the box. If they do load the box and the Steelers go with a 3 wide look, Ben should be able to have a run/pass option based on formation and personnel on the field. Difference is the Raiders will likely play press coverage all day (with help over the top for Wallace).

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    The Raiders have wins this year against Denver,St Louis,Kansas City,Seattle and San Diego when they were really struggling.
    Are we struggling? Seriously??
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Are we struggling? Seriously??
    What I meant was the Chargers win was probably their best win of the season but they beat San Diego when they were still a complete mess early in October. Wins over teams like the Broncos,Seattle,KC,and St Louis dont impress me too much is all Im saying. They dont really have any quality wins on their schedule...

--- Added 11/18/2010 at 03:12 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Quite frankly if the Steelers lose on Sunday, they don't deserve to go to the playoffs.

Hope not to get blasted here, but IMO, the STeelers are a playoff team, but not a SB team this year. Too many injuries and vulnerabilities on the O-line and secondary to overcome. I see them making the playoffs, and winning a game or two before bowing out.

Just hoping the Steelers go back to their roots and run Mendenhall 30 times on SUnday. Like to see them do so out of 3 wide sets so the Raiders can't stack the box. If they do load the box and the Steelers go with a 3 wide look, Ben should be able to have a run/pass option based on formation and personnel on the field. Difference is the Raiders will likely play press coverage all day (with help over the top for Wallace).
    They do have a lot of injuries at a lot of key positions but I still think they have just as good of a shot as the Ravens,Jets, Colts,or Patriots of making it to Dallas in February. None of those 4 teams while they are pretty good are head and shoulders better then the Steelers...

Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    Top 10 things I'm looking for this Sunday:
    #5 The Rooneys: I don't understand what you are looking for them to do on Sunday.

Tomlin Omar Epps comment is great. Nice job!

My biggest concern is the Raiders pass rush. Can we control it or do something to off set it. Like maybe establish a running game than use play action. Or throw a real screen.
    Last edited by LarryNJ; 11-18-2010 at 04:20 PM.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    Or throw a real screen.
    Sorry Larry... not in our playbook. I can guarantee you some WR bubble screens to the ultra elusive/speedy Hines Ward though!

Lets really catch them off gaurd and run to the right!! Or maybe up the gut??

Unless we can snap our O and D funk we'll have close games here on out...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information