Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SA fan overreaction

Bookmark and Share

SA fan overreaction

Everyone seems to be assuming the Steelers are destined for a full blown meltdown. New England is a good team who always gives us trouble. It is one game. Sure we looked terrible, but we are still 6-3. If you remember 2005, it's not how you start, it's how well you are playing going into the playoffs that really matters. Let's hope we can pull it together and get a W this week and string together some good performances from now and through December when it really starts to count.

Let's hope we can all enjoy the Raiders game!

My Mood
    colts-hater
    Let's hope because a loss this week to the Raiders and I believe this season has a better then average chance of imploding the exact same way it did last season. This is a big big game in my opinion for Mike Tomlin to get this win at home against a team you absolutely have got to beat in the Raiders to get this teams psychi right...A loss to Oakland and Im telling you it could very well be the start of this season imploding...Steelers better be aware of this and be very careful...

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    its b/c we imploded last year... and it seems (so far) history is repeating itself
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Love
    I for one am not and have not overreacted. I can say for myself i was pissed over the missed field goals and int's and underthrows from Ben. A new game is on the horizon with a very familiar foe. I want to see Steelers hand the Raiders a severe beatdown. Then win the game and i will overreact with yeah baby that's what i'm talking about rants and cheers.

It's not just the New England game. We were showing signs of the downfall since the Miami game.

After the Browns game we've been on a down slide....You'd think the opposite with Ben back, but this means more aweful play calling from you know who!!

It also seems like the defense is backing off a bit thinking the same or they're just too scared of being fined!!

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    After the Browns game we've been on a down slide....You'd think the opposite with Ben back, but this means more aweful play calling from you know who!!

It also seems like the defense is backing off a bit thinking the same or they're just too scared of being fined!!
    plus losing aaron smith is a huge factor. i thought he was a far bigger loss last year than troy. just like in 07 our d wasnt the same without him. to me smith is our defensive mvp

i really think the team felt we were going to explode on offense and we went right back to last year... like a bad dream... they are down on themselves.....

somone said they play like they are on sand... that is true.. they need a spark.. a good firing is in order. it cant get worse with a new OC. off with his head... now......

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by igor0190 View Post
    New England is a good team who always gives us trouble. It is one game.
    It's not one game. In the last 4 weeks, they got blown out twice (NE, NO), won a game they should have lost (Miami) and barely won against Cincinnati (another game they could easily have lost.)

I've seen a team that cannot stop 3 rushers with their FIVE offensive lineman, and puts absolutely zero pressure on the QB.

It's not just New England. This team is in deep deep trouble.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    There is nobody here that wants a complete meltdown, but the signs are evident that this team needs to tighten up and in a hurry. The tough part of our schedule is behind us and in theory we should own the rest of the games with the exception of an always tight Ratbird game. However it's hard to put a finger on this team right now so the next couple weeks will tell alot about them.

Perhaps they were just exhausted after the road trip and had nothing left for the Patriots, and this weekend they regroup...we'll see.

Thread Information