Thread: Feeling no concussion effects, Steelers' Ward says he will play

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Love

Feeling no concussion effects, Steelers' Ward says he will play

Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward said he will play Sunday against the Oakland Raiders despite sustaining a concussion during the first half of Sunday night's loss to the New England Patriots, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported Tuesday.

Unlock HQ Video HQ video delivered by Akamai
    Ward, who coach Mike Tomlin said has passed a series of post concussion tests, said he should have been allowed to return to the game.

"It's football. You get your bell rung," Ward said. "It's my body. I feel like if I want to go back out there, I feel like I should have the right.

Ward appeared to have trouble with his balance as he was being helped off the field by trainers Sunday.

"If I don't stumble, I'm right back in the game, but prideful me, I'm trying to get off the field quick," Ward said. "I should have laid there another minute or so."

NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora reports, via a league source, that Ward will participate in practice this week. As a veteran, Ward often does not take part in Wednesday practice to rest, but will practice fully by Thursday at the latest and is fully slated to face Oakland Sunday, according to the source.

Tomlin said Tuesday he expects Ward to be able to play this week, but the team will monitor him closely.

Ward did not catch a pass before his late first-quarter exit, ending a streak of 186 consecutive games with at least one reception.

The Steelers remain concerned about end Brett Keisel's hamstring and the defensive end is highly unlikely to play this week, sources tell La Canfora.

Guard Chris Kemoeatu's injury status (knee/ankle) will not fully be known until Wednesday but he too might miss another game. Linebacker Lawrence Timmons picked up a contusion Sunday but he is scheduled to practice and play, according to the source.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    I feel bad for him... his consecutive catch streak was impressive
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Addicted
    This is huge. Ward is one of the only reliable recievers in the red zone. Glad he's gonna be back

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    This is huge. Ward is one of the only reliable recievers in the red zone. Glad he's gonna be back
    Well him and ARE...hahahahahaha
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    I'm glad Ward will play...he can start a new streak now
    :logospin:

I am not a big fan of Hines this season, but he is pretty much the most reliable we have in the redzone at the moment (besides Miller who BA refuses to call plays to the second we hit the 50y line). I could see Sanders becoming the same type of treat down there, but it takes that they are willing to use him..
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Thread Information