Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers start dinking & dunking in the last 2 minutes??

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Steelers start dinking & dunking in the last 2 minutes??

Ok so Arians and company start dinking and dunking with less than 2 minutes to go? They have no problems going down field all game long but then you get the ball back with time left to try and catch the Pats sleeping in the secondary with a big play to pull within 3 you start pulling a Tom Brady?

Can someone tell me how can you can get any more FAIL than that? The offense couldn't keep Ben upright all night long but my God that last drive to end the game made me want to throw up! I don't care if you are out of it or not, you have Wallace who can go deep and he did several times. Atleast try to make it look like you know what you're doing.

My Mood
    colts-hater
    This coaching staff lead by Tomlin is a joke right now they have no idea wtf they are doing...It's ****ing embarrassing...Mike Tomlin is overrated. All Im going to say is the Steelers and Tomlin had better not lay an egg next week at home to the Raiders or this team it's safe to say will be in a complete and total downward spiral...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It just baffles me, I mean lets face it, no matter who you are if you are getting blown out you atleast go down field all day trying to catch up. They did that and then went completely to sleep in the last 2 minutes. Sure there's no guarantee you are going to pull out a win or even send it into OT but you have to atleast try to act like you care!

They should have definitely been trying more down field, Hell if nothing else ya can get another pass interference...

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

My Mood
    Addicted
    What was pissing me off the most was the draw plays that they kept running. Really? How are you gonna run draw plays when the Patriots are in the backfield LITERALLY the entire night. How do you figure that's gonna work.

I know BA is the OC and all, but at some point Mike Tomlin's gotta step in and be like, "wait..that's the dumbest play call ever."

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Mike Tomlin, Bruce Arians, Dick LeBeau really are all to blame......I wish we had Belichick or Rex Ryan.....Belichick with rookies all along their defense schooled us again......

Tomlin just like Cowher struggles to get rookies ready to play....In todays NFL its almost a must that rookies have to contribute somewhat right away......I'm not saying have every rookie start but I ask......Would Crezdon Butler do any worse right now in coverage?.............Same goes for Sanders and Brown....They must see more snaps then washed up El....Yea El is good for a trick play here and there but this offense needs speed so badly out there.....Only good thing tonight was Sanders did play most of the game and actually contributed.....Now Tomlin play Brown as well.....and Butler....

I am sorry but GAY GOT BURNED ALL NIGHT LONG, this was the worst Defensive game i can remember (4 quarters of bad) and Gay is probably the worst player on the team

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Steelers start dinking & dunking in the last 2 minutes
    yeah against a soft defense who had a couple backups in who were trying not to get beat over the top...

absolutley no relevance...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    There is no way you start tossing 5-10 yd passes and get tackled in bounds almost every play when you still have a mathematical chance to win. With that young secondary there is no reason you don't go after them. Who knows if you might get a pass interference, or have Wallace or Sanders come up big. I'm sorry but you can't justify that to me at all, period.

Rookie Free Agent
    You cannot inflate your stats if you are trying to throw bombs in the final 2 minutes when the defense is playing prevent. You need to dink and dunk to get that completion % up....plus add on a bunch of meaningless passing yards. That way your offensive ranking will at least look better on paper....and maybe then you can save your job.....and your QB will like you.

Thread Information