Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steeler players that better be on the hot seat

Bookmark and Share

Steeler players that better be on the hot seat

Jeff Reed: obvious reasons
    mcfadden: getting picked on more than a nerd in middle school
    gay: Getting torched by a TE? really now?
    hood: time to step up, seems non-existent
    randle el: dropped an easy TD yesterday, taking time away from rookies w/ potential
    essex: look at film of him and hes horrible, weakest link on the line

Tomlin should be on the hot seat too if the Steelers stumble to the raiders or bills, no excuses to lose to them. Raiders arent that good, they are just beating up on their weak division

Steelers Pondering Kicker Change
    The Pittsburgh Steelers are contemplating a change at kicker, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.

Schefter adds that the team will be bringing free agent kickers in for workouts on Tuesday.

Steelers kicker Jeff Reed was franchised in the off-season, and is earning a fully guaranteed base salary of $2.814 million this season. Reed is just 15-of-22 field goal attempts, missing at least one field goal try in each of the last three weeks.

Reed also missed both of field goal attempts, from 45 and 49 yards out, in the Steelers' 17-14 loss to the AFC North rival Baltimore Ravens in Week 4.

Reed chalked last night's miss from 26 yards out to the choppy turf at Heinz Field.

"I'm not one to make excuses," Reed said. "I'll take the credit for the miss. It was a great snap, a great hold, great protection. It's kind of hard when you plant your foot and the hole--a piece of ground moves where the ball's under the holder. I almost missed the ball completely.

"I'm not going to make excuses. If you've played any kind of sports in your life, you realize that what we play on is not very good turf. It happens."

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Steelers Pondering Kicker Change
    The Pittsburgh Steelers are contemplating a change at kicker, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.

Schefter adds that the team will be bringing free agent kickers in for workouts on Tuesday.

Steelers kicker Jeff Reed was franchised in the off-season, and is earning a fully guaranteed base salary of $2.814 million this season. Reed is just 15-of-22 field goal attempts, missing at least one field goal try in each of the last three weeks.

Reed also missed both of field goal attempts, from 45 and 49 yards out, in the Steelers' 17-14 loss to the AFC North rival Baltimore Ravens in Week 4.

Reed chalked last night's miss from 26 yards out to the choppy turf at Heinz Field.

"I'm not one to make excuses," Reed said. "I'll take the credit for the miss. It was a great snap, a great hold, great protection. It's kind of hard when you plant your foot and the hole--a piece of ground moves where the ball's under the holder. I almost missed the ball completely.

"I'm not going to make excuses. If you've played any kind of sports in your life, you realize that what we play on is not very good turf. It happens."
    ya I've seen that. They should let him go, idk about you guys but I have no confidence in him making kicks anymore

Furthermore, word out of training is that Steelers have started to rotate McFadden out, even before the Patriots game. Obviously, there is no official word on this, and reporters are not allowed to write about training sessions, but they have not been pleased with McFadden so far.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    After another beat down at the hands of the Patriots I would think this entire team needs to be on the hot seat. Coaches too. Its one thing to lose a game, but when you lose everytime you play a team (Patriots) you need to take a look at everyone. The Steelers need to thank whoever took Brady's knee out a couple years ago because if he were playing the Steelers would have never made it to the SB if they had to play the Patriots. Thanks for not playing Brady you let the Steelers win a 6th ring. You really are a great guy Tom brady, thanks for taking time off to make Steeler Nation happy.....hey, maybe the Steelers can ask Eli Manning how to beat that team.....sigh
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    After another beat down at the hands of the Patriots I would think this entire team needs to be on the hot seat. Coaches too. Its one thing to lose a game, but when you lose everytime you play a team (Patriots) you need to take a look at everyone. The Steelers need to thank whoever took Brady's knee out a couple years ago because if he were playing the Steelers would have never made it to the SB if they had to play the Patriots. Thanks for not playing Brady you let the Steelers win a 6th ring. You really are a great guy Tom brady, thanks for taking time off to make Steeler Nation happy.....hey, maybe the Steelers can ask Eli Manning how to beat that team.....sigh
    The ryan brothers just beat them in 2010 why look into history. The Jets beat them last year in game 1 the same way as a matter of fact.

obviously the browns and jets had a plan that worked. did we copy any of that.. would we.. no... were better than that..... ugh... the saints... the browns beat them down with TJWard. copy that... no...

if we are that subborn to adjust... we deserve to lose.

Woodley's stats:

vs Falcons - 2 solos, 1 assist, 1 sack
    vs Titans - 2 solo, 1 assist, 1 sack
    vs Bucs - 1 solo, 1 assist, 0 sacks
    vs Ravens - 2 solos, 3 assist, 0 sacks
    vs Browns - 1 solo, 0 assists, 1.5 sacks
    vs Dolphins - 1 solo, 1 assist, 0 sacks
    vs Saints - 2 solos, 0 assists, 0 sacks
    vs Bengals - 0 solos, 1 assist, 2 sacks
    vs Pats - 1 solo, 2 assists, 0 sacks
    TOTAL = 12 solos, 10 assists, 5.5 sacks

My Mood
    Fight
    Quote Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
    Woodley's stats:

vs Falcons - 2 solos, 1 assist, 1 sack
    vs Titans - 2 solo, 1 assist, 1 sack
    vs Bucs - 1 solo, 1 assist, 0 sacks
    vs Ravens - 2 solos, 3 assist, 0 sacks
    vs Browns - 1 solo, 0 assists, 1.5 sacks
    vs Dolphins - 1 solo, 1 assist, 0 sacks
    vs Saints - 2 solos, 0 assists, 0 sacks
    vs Bengals - 0 solos, 1 assist, 2 sacks
    vs Pats - 1 solo, 2 assists, 0 sacks
    TOTAL = 12 solos, 10 assists, 5.5 sacks

WOW even in his contract year
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

Woodley sucked for the first 2/3rds of last season too, he only turned it on when it didn't matter!

He's got to be the most over-rated Steeler at the moment.

My Mood
    Addicted
    William Gay is definitely on the hot seat. The first TD it looked like he was in good position. Brady threaded in a hell of a throw. The last two he just got beat. He is liability back there.

Thread Information