Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silver Lining About Loss

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

Exclamation Silver Lining About Loss

I'm probably going to be made fun of for saying this, but I did see something positive about last night's loss. I thought from the middle of the 3rd quarter on, the passing game, minus Ward mind you, finally got going. I know people will say that the Steelers were down 23-3 so of course the passing game had to get going. I completely understand that, but this was the first time since Roethlisberger returned that he and the receivers looked like they were on the same page. I know everyone wants the Steelers to be this great running team and I agree that that part of the offense is not up to standard at times, but next Sunday against the Raiders, I would like to see Pittsburgh come out throwing to build a lead and then turn to the running game to keep the lead. I thought Sanders played well in place of Ward last night. Did he make some rookie mistakes? Yeah, but overall I thought he did well. I know this won't happen, but I would like to see Antonio Brown replace Randle El. The drop ARE had in the endzone cannot happen!! Mike Wallace just continues to get better. I know he dropped a touchdown too, but he made up for it. It was kind of funny when he caught that last touchdown pass and was sitting there in the endzone with his hands up like, "Why couldn't we do this all game?" Yes, this was a bad loss, but it happens to every team. I think NE just caught the Steelers at the perfect time; coming off a thrilling Monday night divisional game and right after the Patriots got embarrassed. Am I concerned about the pass defense? Yes, but no more than I was before last night. Looking at the rest of the schedule, I don't see a team that can do what the Patriots did last night. Cincinnati possibly could, but by the time we play them again, Carson Palmer might not be the quarterback and the 2 stooges will be more interested in working out comedy skits for their TV show than trying to win a football game. Don't throw in the towel Steeler Nation!! The 2010 Pittsburgh Steelers will not repeat what happened in 2009!!

GO STEELERS!!!!!!

Chris

Yea it happened in the 3rd quarter, thats when we finally get going, thats the sad part, we can never get into rythym at the 1st quarter. Im not trying to bash this, just saying.

My Mood
    Chatty
    If anyone makes fun of you Cricker I'll them!!!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion....some good points there. it's nice to see a bright light during a bad situation....hope we regroup sunday!!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

It's called prevent defense, no pass rush etc etc...

They just got whooped!!

Lets see how they rebound Sunday against a red hot Raiders team that has been running the ball very very well and playing outstanding defense...It won't be a cake walk!!

If there is a bright side to our loss last night, here it is: At least we don't play Brady every week!!!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Let's hope the offense can carry over the rhythm they found in the 4th quarter last night into the beginning of the game next Sunday!!!!

i think mike wallace became a man yesterday....he played his most physical game as a pro and refused to quit

My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricker24 View Post
    Let's hope the offense can carry over the rhythm they found in the 4th quarter last night into the beginning of the game next Sunday!!!!
    I agree!!!

--- Added 11/15/2010 at 03:03 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think mike wallace became a man yesterday....he played his most physical game as a pro and refused to quit
    I DEFINATELY agree with this and this is why he's making a perfect fit for this team.

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    It's called prevent defense, no pass rush etc etc...

They just got whooped!!

Lets see how they rebound Sunday against a red hot Raiders team that has been running the ball very very well and playing outstanding defense...It won't be a cake walk!!

If there is a bright side to our loss last night, here it is: At least we don't play Brady every week!!!
    It wasn't all prevent defense. The Patriots were still bringing pressure most of the 4th quarter and whether they were in prevent or not, Ben still had to make the reads, throw the ball and the receivers still had to catch the ball. I'm just saying that hopefully the rhythm they found continues, regardless of how they found it. I'm notorious for trying to find a positive in everything...it's just the way I am!!

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I agree, you were down on his toughness, you think he's over that? I do, he was taking hits scratching and clawing to the endzone...

--- Added 11/15/2010 at 03:05 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by Cricker24 View Post
    It wasn't all prevent defense. The Patriots were still bringing pressure most of the 4th quarter and whether they were in prevent or not, Ben still had to make the reads, throw the ball and the receivers still had to catch the ball. I'm just saying that hopefully the rhythm they found continues, regardless of how they found it. I'm notorious for trying to find a positive in everything...it's just the way I am!!
    I'm with you, but they stopped the mad rush for the most part..

I agree Ben woke up to end on a good note, I too hope it carries over...

he was getting doubled and tripled and still make big plays. but what really got my **** hard was him throwing his body around as a blocker and didnt just go limp on contact....ive been critical of him in that regard (i miss that about santonio) but he was a beast last night

Thread Information