Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers secondary all kinds of confused

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Steelers secondary all kinds of confused

You allow a rookie to pull a hat trick on you and something is definitely not right. Polamalu and Gay were trying to get out of each other's way all night. Blown coverages, missed tackles, they seem to be digressing. BMac got burned several times as well. They were spot on the first 4 weeks and since the bye they just haven't been the same. Where's the tackling machines, the ball hawks, the big hits? All seem to be MIA over the last month.

Getting torched by Brady & Belichick is not unheard of for anyone, they've been doing it for years. That's no excuse though, they needed to play better.

orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland

My Social Networks

Add mcfly06 on Facebook
    William Gay has got to go or something,Honestly our D is scared to play hard.They dont know if their gonna get fined or suspended from the dummy commish.I pray Mr.Rooney makes a vist this too Pittsburgh.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Will Gay wasn't the only problem tonight, all of them were having issues. Hell, Timmons was back there before he got hurt and he made as many good plays as they did.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfly06 View Post
    William Gay has got to go or something,Honestly our D is scared to play hard.They dont know if their gonna get fined or suspended from the dummy commish.I pray Mr.Rooney makes a vist this too Pittsburgh.
    William Gay is a good nickle, he just should never be in coverage. I don't know why LeBeau kept putting him back there when he kept getting burned.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    William Gay is a good nickle, he just should never be in coverage. I don't know why LeBeau kept putting him back there when he kept getting burned.
    Nickel corners have to play coverage at times.....lol Gay wasn't the only problem....McFadden, Troy, Clark all were to blame......I didn't see Ike get picked on to much.....He gave up some catches but was the lone bright spot while the rest of the DB's were burnt like toast........I having flashbacks of Chad Scott, DeWayne Washington, and Lee Flowers all over again....lol

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Will Gay wasn't the only problem tonight, all of them were having issues. Hell, Timmons was back there before he got hurt and he made as many good plays as they did.
    He was just the biggest one!! Poor performance by our Oline, Not quite quick enough on defense, just overall bad performance...Some how got to figure out a better defense for dink and dunk, hafta be able to covers all receivers for 4 secs ...

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Nickel corners have to play coverage at times.....lol Gay wasn't the only problem....McFadden, Troy, Clark all were to blame......I didn't see Ike get picked on to much.....He gave up some catches but was the lone bright spot while the rest of the DB's were burnt like toast........I having flashbacks of Chad Scott, DeWayne Washington, and Lee Flowers all over again....lol
    You know man, I was thinking the same thing tonight and actually the last couple weeks. These guys getting torched all over the place and the outlook not much better.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    You know man, I was thinking the same thing tonight and actually the last couple weeks. These guys getting torched all over the place and the outlook not much better.
    This team has glaring holes along OL and DL due to age........But we need serious upgrade at corner/safety.........

orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland

My Social Networks

Add mcfly06 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    This team has glaring holes along OL and DL due to age........But we need serious upgrade at corner/safety.........
    I know man i agree with what you said about my comment,but still how does a corner get burnt by a tight end three times.lol,and yes it did remind me of them lol.Also where do we get that help,itd have to be next season,i cant wait for next season lol i want it now.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We have the oldest starting defensive unit in the league with an average age of 30. We are definitely getting old on the defense and sooner or later something is going to have to give. We can't keep having stop gaps in place of the veterans anymore. We have got to find legitimate backup defensive lineman to groom. Most definitely they are going to have to spend a premium pick on a DB this coming year.

Thread Information