Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any thoughts of why wait so long to start throwing on a second rate defense!

Bookmark and Share

any thoughts of why wait so long to start throwing on a second rate defense!

Did they not feel a sense that the game was becoming a blowout , in my opinion if they would have thrown in the 1st half like they did in the second againest the the 29th ranked defense i think it would have been a shootout we could have won

My Mood
    Addicted
    The only reason they started having success in the second half was because the Pats starting playing prevent, much like the Steelers do when they're winning.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    The only reason they started having success in the second half was because the Pats starting playing prevent, much like the Steelers do when they're winning.

The stats that Ben and company put up in the 4th quarter were in garbage time when the Patriots defense went into cruise control. You see it all the time when a team is getting soundly beaten they'll get on a roll and score a couple quick TD's but in the end they almost always make a mistake or just flat run out of time to come back.

They should have aleast attempted a couple shots down field with Wallace in the first half.
    Last edited by steelers40xl; 11-15-2010 at 12:56 AM.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    The stats that Ben and company put up in the 4th quarter were in garbage time when the Patriots defense went into cruise control. You see it all the time when a team is getting soundly beaten they'll get on a roll and score a couple quick TD's but in the end they almost always make a mistake or just flat run out of time to come back.

Actually we did come out passing and it failed miserably. What I want to know is why come out passing on a defense that can't stop the run?

1st series = run, pass, pass, punt

2nd series = run, run, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, punt ( 2 sacks and a penalty)

3rd series = run, pass, run, pass, pass, pass, punt (1 sack)

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    The stats that Ben and company put up in the 4th quarter were in garbage time when the Patriots defense went into cruise control.
    Garbage stats in garbage time by a garbage offense ran by a garbage OC!!! When will a real leader of this team step the **** up and call out BA? If I was a player on any team that runs such a predictable offense that has no game plan or has a **** poor game plan, makes no adjustments during the game, with the same outcome, I would be ****ing pissed the **** off. These guys are supposed to be professionals, all playing as a team to win a championship. If my coaching staff keeps letting me and my teammates down with little to no effort before, during and after the game, I would at least, bare minimum go up to BA and bust him in the mouth just for taking up valuable space on the sideline. Then I would go up to Tomlin and pop him in the mouth for being clueless, blind, doesn't give a **** and has no balls. If we as fans, who don't know the deep intricate ways of the game, can sit here and come up with a gameplan that would be more effective then the crap we have to watch every week, why can't the "professionals" getting paid big money do it? It's not ****ing rocket science!!!

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Smokin
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    Garbage stats in garbage time by a garbage offense ran by a garbage OC!!! When will a real leader of this team step the **** up and call out BA? If I was a player on any team that runs such a predictable offense that has no game plan or has a **** poor game plan, makes no adjustments during the game, with the same outcome, I would be ****ing pissed the **** off. These guys are supposed to be professionals, all playing as a team to win a championship. If my coaching staff keeps letting me and my teammates down with little to no effort before, during and after the game, I would at least, bare minimum go up to BA and bust him in the mouth just for taking up valuable space on the sideline. Then I would go up to Tomlin and pop him in the mouth for being clueless, blind, doesn't give a **** and has no balls. If we as fans, who don't know the deep intricate ways of the game, can sit here and come up with a gameplan that would be more effective then the crap we have to watch every week, why can't the "professionals" getting paid big money do it? It's not ****ing rocket science!!!

Thanks for the sig Flea

My Mood
    Sunshine
    We looked good in the fourth quarter because the Pats played prevent much like we did the entire game.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

We also have one of the worst OCs on the planet, one that doesn't know how to game plan to fit a struggling oline etc etc etc....

Congrats to the Pats, they whooped us!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

What worried me was our complete lack of success running the ball. Patriots SUCK against the run, and it seems to be the way to beat them - keep Brady off the field. Patriots won that game at 10-0, because they made us come out and throw.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Thread Information