Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We will see what kind of coach Mike Tomlin really is now...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    texans-hater

We will see what kind of coach Mike Tomlin really is now...

This performance tonight was completely and totally unacceptable and I just hope it doesnt lead too yet another mid-season Mike Tomlin collapse like we have seen in 2007 and 2009. Tomlin looks completely clueless on the sidelines, he doesnt communicate with anybody, he never looks like he is thinking he just looks plain dumb over there and I for one am sick of it. Reed is a disgrace he needs to go, the injuries really caught up to the Steelers tonight and it showed big time. We will see the next few weeks if Tomlin has control of this situation against two games they have absolutely have got to win against Oakland and Buffalo. Huge step back tonight for the Steelers with a chance to go up a game on the Ravens in the North and maintain that number 1 seed in the AFC. Instead they drop all the way to the 6 seed with a ton of questions going into next week. Complete horseshit performance tonight and Mike Tomlin is really on my damn **** list at this point...

My Mood
    Addicted
    I feel like the only time I see Mike Tomlin show any type of emotion is when the Steelers are dominating. And even then the only thing that comes out of him is smiles and pats on the players backs and lot's of, "hey good job." When they're losing like they were tonight he just looks completely dumbfounded and stunned. Like he has no idea what to do. He needs to show emotion regardless of the state that they're in and talk to his players. Make adjustments. Yell. Do something!

We just witnessed what kind of coach he is and clueless is a understatement. He looks like a deer in headlights in crucial situations! And his time management is just incompitent!
    Last edited by steelers40xl; 11-15-2010 at 12:24 AM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    This performance tonight was completely and totally unacceptable and I just hope it doesnt lead too yet another mid-season Mike Tomlin collapse like we have seen in 2007 and 2009. Tomlin looks completely clueless on the sidelines, he doesnt communicate with anybody, he never looks like he is thinking he just looks plain dumb over there and I for one am sick of it. Reed is a disgrace he needs to go, the injuries really caught up to the Steelers tonight and it showed big time. We will see the next few weeks if Tomlin has control of this situation against two games they have absolutely have got to win against Oakland and Buffalo. Huge step back tonight for the Steelers with a chance to go up a game on the Ravens in the North and maintain that number 1 seed in the AFC. Instead they drop all the way to the 6 seed with a ton of questions going into next week. Complete horseshit performance tonight and Mike Tomlin is really on my damn **** list at this point...
    I agree, i say Clean house and bring Rob Ryan in, Tomlin did look lost tonight and our schemes have played out on both sides of the ball seriously we need to change things up quick or we are gonna be headed for another mid season collapse again this year...

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Mike Tomlin isn't going anywhere......I'm not saying its good or bad that he stays....But he won a Super Bowl in 2008 and the Rooney's will not replace a HC so soon after winning a Super Bowl....They stuck by Cowher after multiple AFC title game meltdowns.....Plus the three years Cowher led teams missed the play-offs (98-00).......

I always scream for the HC to be fired...lol I screamed for Cowher to be fired from 98 until 06 when he finally retired so my opinion is biased when it comes to thinking a HC to be fired............But the Rooney's will not make that move and if you think they will then you're sadly mistaken......

I agree 43 we will find out what kind of HC Tomlin is these next few weeks....Me thinks its going to be another Time To Unleash Hell that never happens....lol

Rookie Free Agent
    I am one of the few that also does not buy into Tomlin yet. Arians is horrible - period.

But IMO Tomlin's first two seasons were with Cowher's team. We stuck with Cowher's philosophy those first two seasons. We got hot in season 2 late and won the SB. Tomlin's 3rd season was a disaster IMO. We had a VERY easy schedule and we choked. This season we started out hot....but there were signs of problems in almost every game. The wheels are starting to come off. That Cinci game was embarrassing yet we won....and this game was just awful. We were out coached.

the last season and a half the only BIG win I can recall was against the Vikings last year....A game in which Favre made some mistakes and we pulled it out in the end....because our defense scored 2 TD's. Beating Tampa and Atlanta was good...but it was so early in the season..... I can't believe we'd beat either team right now. Tomlin has had plenty of chances to win big games the last two seasons and we've come up short more often then not. Losing the Ravens 2 out of the last 3 is not good. Losing 2 out of the last 3 to Cinci is not good. We have to right the ship now and avoid another losing streak.

Lets be honest....if the refs don't help us in Miami we are 5-4 right now.

BA needs to go first.. Now...

1-7 Dallas looked good against the 6-2 Giants.. Like a great team with an actual game plan... wow. the players must have all learned how to play better in a week... not... its the game plan.

steelers had no plan... on D or O.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Somehow I get the feeling I've seen it all before. Mike Tomlin will unleash hell.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Starter
    My Mood
    Cool
    If The steelers fall apart again this year and don't make the playoffs after starting 6-2, I think the Steelers need to seriously look at Tomlin. This crap is not acceptable in Pittsburgh.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Clevelandsux View Post
    If The steelers fall apart again this year and don't make the playoffs after starting 6-2, I think the Steelers need to seriously look at Tomlin. This crap is not acceptable in Pittsburgh.
    Heres a fun fact:

The last 3 seasons, we've started out 6-2. Two of them, we totally collapsed after here. First season we barely made it to the playoffs and got schooled by Jaguars... Then our 08 season was obviously amazing, and last but not least, last year... See a pattern? This is starting to become a pretty defining season for Steelers as a team.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Thread Information