Thread: Homeward Bound Black and Gold: Steelers over Patriots

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent

Homeward Bound Black and Gold: Steelers over Patriots

Here is our take on the Steelers Patriots game. This is going to be a close game but the Steelers should win at home. The Patriots are going to be a tough team especially after their last loss.

http://www.armchairreport.com/2010/1...nd-black-gold/

The Patriots need Brady, who is on pace to throw for over 3,600 yards and 28 touchdowns, to be at his best if they are to make a run at the Super Bowl.

They are giving up almost 390 yards of total offense per game and are 29th in the NFL in total defense.

Their top two running backs (BenJarvus Green-Ellis and Danny Woodhead) made the NFL as undrafted free agents.

The Patriots have also lacked a bona fide deep threat since shrewdly trading wide receiver/serial headache Randy Moss to the Vikings last month for a third-round draft pick (Moss played four games in Minnesota before the Vikings waived him).

The Patriots are Brady's bunch more than they ever have been since he burst onto the scene.

And they will only go as far as he can carry them this season.

"I would say they're more Brady-reliant now," Steelers strong safety Troy Polamalu said. "(Before), they were very balanced. Teams that they thought would be weak on the run defense they would really try to attack them with their run offense. Now, it's just all about spreading the offense and letting Tom pick and choose where he wants to attack the defense."

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    I just don't see the Patriots getting a beat down from the Steelers no matter how much I would wish for it. I know most commentators are saying that is what is likely to happen, but I cannot forget the Pats have seriously had our number in the last several seasons. This game worries me (although I am totally fired up) and so does the next game against the Raiders. My concern is that if the Steelers earn a hard fought win against the Pats the Raiders will become a trap game. I really hate when that happens. One game at a time--first CRUSH THE PATS!!!
    :logospin:

My Mood
    Addicted
    On Around the League they have Steelers winning 28-13. That kinda surprised me. I think the Steelers are gonna win but I definitely don't think it's going to be a blowout.

More Brady-reliant? As opposed to what? 2004? They've pretty pretty much behind his arm since their last SB win.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    You don't ever count out the Patriots. Belichick is the ultimate game planner. He will find whatever weakness you have on offense, defense, special teams, or any combination of the 3 and exploit it all day. The key is to push the Patriots around and get in Brady's face. If you do that you've got a good chance but if not, forget it.

I like our chances to run the ball, especially to the right behind Pouncey, Essex, and Adams. I like that side of the line especially because they are healthy but also those 3 guys can hold blocks and move people so Mendenhall can take off and slow down that pressure that will come from Ben's left side.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    You don't ever count out the Patriots. Belichick is the ultimate game planner. He will find whatever weakness you have on offense, defense, special teams, or any combination of the 3 and exploit it all day. The key is to push the Patriots around and get in Brady's face. If you do that you've got a good chance but if not, forget it.
    I expect overload blitzes at the left side of our o-line ALL DAY
    Dink and dunk passes is obviously a weakness of our defense and obviously Brady's strength. It should be a very interesting game.

Thread Information