Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For all the haters

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick

For all the haters

Just read in the PG that is available on this site in the news section that the NFL officilas made two blown calls against the Steelers Monday night in Cincy. Tomlin filed a complaint and it was stated that neither foul should have been called. So to all the haters who say we get every call can go hug a root. The officiating is so biased against the defense league wide that it makes it hard to appreciate some of the offensive drives that are put together. Thanks Goodell..."rolls eyes and spits chew juice!"

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    I agree! The call on Hampton was bs. So was the Pass interference call against T.O. He cried like a whiney bitch like he is, and they threw the flag. Almost cost us the game.

The reason why everyone thinks we get the calls is because we win.This even goes back to the 70's, immaculate reception, sb 13, 79 afc c game. I mean remember that non-call vs Jacksonville in the playoffs a few years ago? Garrard runs 30 yards, and there were about 3 holds on that play.

How about James Harrison and Lamar Woodley being put in a stranglehold every week?

You can find crappy calls in about every game. So when you win, you're always going to called a cheater or dirty. F the haters!!!!!!
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Just read the same article. Good teams have to overcome bad calls, which is what the Steelers did in Cincy thanks to Harrison and Taylor. Bad calls happen all the time. The Ratbirds are all whining big time about calls this AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Root4Stlrs View Post
    Just read the same article. Good teams have to overcome bad calls, which is what the Steelers did in Cincy thanks to Harrison and Taylor. Bad calls happen all the time. The Ratbirds are all whining big time about calls this AM.
    Yea but I love it when it happens to them! lol

So the two calls were the Hampton and PI calls?
    "Happy Happy Happy"

but for some odd reason the dual refs standing behind the tackles just cant seem to see any holding on harrison or woodley.. maybe they need to stand closer to the Tackles most of them are a bit old..

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Yea but I love it when it happens to them! lol

So the two calls were the Hampton and PI calls?
    Yes, they said Hampton did not hit Palmer below the knee. Hit was to the thigh. And the PI call on Ike was bogus. I couldn't even see a reason for that call in the first place. It wasn't even a close one - the side judge right there didn't make the call.

I agree - I do like to see the Ravens victimized by the refs although I think they are overstating their case with the supposed offensive PI call they wanted on Roddy White. They did get jobbed on the grabbing the face mask call on Suggs, but Ed Reed also got away with hitting Ryan in the head when Ryan was sliding. Though that would have been pretty weak he actually appeared to hit him harder than the guy who brushed his hand across Peyton Manning's helmet last week-end. It's a clear hit to the head and should be fined based on the precedent they have set with the witch hunt on James Harrison.

Quote Originally Posted by Root4Stlrs View Post
    Yes, they said Hampton did not hit Palmer below the knee. Hit was to the thigh. And the PI call on Ike was bogus. I couldn't even see a reason for that call in the first place. It wasn't even a close one - the side judge right there didn't make the call.

I agree - I do like to see the Ravens victimized by the refs although I think they are overstating their case with the supposed offensive PI call they wanted on Roddy White. They did get jobbed on the grabbing the face mask call on Suggs, but Ed Reed also got away with hitting Ryan in the head when Ryan was sliding. Though that would have been pretty weak he actually appeared to hit him harder than the guy who brushed his hand across Peyton Manning's helmet last week-end. It's a clear hit to the head and should be fined based on the precedent they have set with the witch hunt on James Harrison.

Yep, it all evens itself out in the end...Blown call here, then a make up call there!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

2nd String
    anyone got a youtube vid when that pass interfernece happened, i was having a **** when it happened and i walk back into the run and we then 27-21

What I usually look at when considering the refs bad calls...

Which team played better and deserved to win the game?

1. The RATS did not deserve to win that game. Falcons outplayed them most of the game. Rats were lucky to have a chance at the end of the game.

2. On the other hand, the Ratbirds deserved to lose to Buffalo a few weeks back. They were outplayed and the Bills had a terrible call on that fumble strip at the end of the game when they were 15 yards from FG range.

3. Steelers also outplayed Miami, so any bi#chin' and moaning about that goaline call falls on deaf ears imo.

My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by igor0190 View Post
    What I usually look at when considering the refs bad calls...

Which team played better and deserved to win the game?

1. The RATS did not deserve to win that game. Falcons outplayed them most of the game. Rats were lucky to have a chance at the end of the game.

2. On the other hand, the Ratbirds deserved to lose to Buffalo a few weeks back. They were outplayed and the Bills had a terrible call on that fumble strip at the end of the game when they were 15 yards from FG range.

3. Steelers also outplayed Miami, so any bi#chin' and moaning about that goaline call falls on deaf ears imo.

it might fall on deaf ears in steelers nation, but the rest of the world are part of hater nation. what will fall on deaf ears is the fact that the league apologized for two blown calls that went against the steelers, but the steelers managed to overcome them and win anyways. that's what winners do...losers whine!
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Thread Information