Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If either the Steelers or Ravens...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

If either the Steelers or Ravens...

Are going to lose a game before their rematch in about 3 weeks in Baltimore this is the week it most likely will happen for one of them or possibly both of them. The Steelers get the Patriots who are 6-2 and pissed off after losing to the Browns last week and need to win to keep pace with the Jets in the AFC East, and the Ravens get to play at Atlanta tomorrow night against Matt Ryan and the Falcons who is 17-1 lifetime playing at the Georgia Dome since coming into the league in 2008 and very very hard to beat at home. I dont see either the Steelers or the Ravens losing their next 2 games coming up before they meet in Baltimore on December 5th. The Steelers play the Raiders at home next week, then play a winless Bills team in Buffalo, while the Ravens play at Carolina who is a complete and total mess,and then come home to play Tampa Bay who is improved but still will have a very tough time beating the Ratbirds in Baltimore. I will never say never but the way the schedule sets up for both the Steelers and the Ravens the odds are if one of them doesnt lose this week one of them will not lose another game until they meet each other in the rematch Sunday night December 5th in Baltimore. That's why a Ravens loss in Atlanta tomorrow night and a Steelers win here at Heinz Field Sunday night will really put the Steelers in the drivers seat to not only win the AFC North but you can also start looking toward getting that number 1 or 2 seed in the playoffs and homefield advantage throughout the playoffs.

If the Steelers do win this weekend and the Ravens lose in Atlanta and let's assume the Steelers win their next 2 against Oakland and Buffalo and the Ravens win their next 2 against Carolina and Tampa the Steelers would be 9-2 going into their game with the Ravens and the Ravens would be 8-3. At that point if the Steelers win that game in Baltimore they would move to 10-2 and move to 3-1 in the AFC North, and the Ravens would drop to 8-4 and be 2-2 in the AFC North. And if you look at the Steelers final 4 games compared to the Ravens final 4 games they are much much easier and not as difficult. They play 3 of their final 4 games at home against the Bengals,Jets,and Carolina before having to play at Cleveland to close out the year, while the Ravens have to play at Houston on a Monday night, come back on a short week right after that and play the Saints at home, then they go to Cleveland who seems to be beating every top team in the NFL and never an easy game for the Ravens, and then finish off the year with the Bengals who always seem to give the Ravens fits.

The bottom line is I know that's a long way off but if the Steelers can do what I said they needed to do up above win their next 4 and that game in Baltimore and the Ravens lose tomorrow night the Steelers should they go up 2 games in the standings on the Ravens with an easier 4 games left on their schedule to close out the season I dont see the Ravens being able to overcome that enough to catch up and win the North. So while a Ravens loss to the Falcons tomorrow night is not an absolute MUST it can go a long way to helping the Steelers out in the long run to win this division and get the number 1 and 2 seed should they take care of their own business like we all know they can do. Going to be a fun *** 3-4 weeks here I cant wait this is what the football season is all about...
    Last edited by Troyisabeast_43; 11-10-2010 at 08:34 PM.

lol i love your posts on playoff scenarios.

My Mood
    Love
    The ratbirds will be the one to lose. No question about that.

if we are a SB contender... we should win the next 6-7 games..

we have two away games left that are tough... ravens and if the browns beat the jets sunday. the browns possibly in cleveland looking for a wildcard???

the other games are home games.. we should win those.

the pats are 29th in defense.. 21st against the run and beat by the browns..

if we were 21st against the run we would be firing coaches and waiving players...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Beating a team like the Patriots is a statement game for anybody. They are a playoff team every year and obviously well coached. It's been a nice rivalry over the years so I expect both teams to be ready. There is a lot at stake as 43 mentioned, with pressure to win for both teams. I like that we are at home this weekend, it will be nice to have the whole crowd in our corner, instead of just half the crowd when we're on the road

Miami gave Baltimore everything they could ask for and then some, and it's tough to win in the Georgia dome for anybody even when the Falcons aren't playing well. That game could be a high scoring affair if both offenses get going.

One of the fantasy "gurus" said Ben was a "must play" this week-end b/c of the number of fantasy points the Patriots have given up to opposing QB's. I hope that bears out this week-end with Ben and translates into to W on the scoreboard. I am very worried about the offensive line especially if Kemo can't go in addition to Starks being out.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Beating a team like the Patriots is a statement game for anybody. They are a playoff team every year and obviously well coached. It's been a nice rivalry over the years so I expect both teams to be ready. There is a lot at stake as 43 mentioned, with pressure to win for both teams. I like that we are at home this weekend, it will be nice to have the whole crowd in our corner, instead of just half the crowd when we're on the road

Miami gave Baltimore everything they could ask for and then some, and it's tough to win in the Georgia dome for anybody even when the Falcons aren't playing well. That game could be a high scoring affair if both offenses get going.
    my thoughts exactly on the first paragraph.

however... i believe the steelers will finish 10-6, but there will be no 9-7 teams this season, if that's possible or we are 11-5 and there are no 10-6 teams so we get into the playoffs with at least 2 games ahead.

My Mood
    Clowns
    Like I said when I started this thread the Steelers now have a chance with the Ravens losing last night to take a full game lead Sunday if they beat the Pats with teams like the Raiders and Bills up next before they go into Baltimore on December 5th. So even if the Ravens win their next 2 games against Carolina and Tampa Bay and are 8-3 as long as the Steelers beat the Pats Sunday they should be able to be 9-2 going into the game at Baltimore in 3 weeks with an opportunity if they win that game to be 10-2 and drop the Ravens to 8-4 and put them at 2-2 in the division and move the Steelers to 3-1 in the North. That's why winning in Cincinnati was so so huge Monday night it set up this current scenario with the Ravens losing last night that will now really allow the Steelers to control their own destiny to not only with the North but also get a bye week or homefield advantage and get that number 1 or 2 seed in the playoffs...

Worst case scenerio, I see the Steelers going 12-4.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We've had chances like this in our grasp before and failed to come through, thus making it harder on ourselves in mid December. It's time to put up or shut up, got out on Sunday night and get this win. Stick it to the Ratbirds and lets get on a roll.

The Heinz Field crowd needs to be rockin the place and be that 12th man we need. If they can pull this one out we'll be in prime position to roll right into that game at Baltimore in a few weeks.

Thread Information