Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Starks could be done for the year..Update 11/10 - Goes on IR

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Starks could be done for the year..Update 11/10 - Goes on IR

Just reading on the PG and got a tweet that Starks has a disc injury that could require surgery. At this point it's up in the air who will start at LT, or how long for sure Max will be out.

They are reluctant to move FLozell to LT because he's a converted RT and doing well over there. Having to relearn LT might do more harm than good.

Tuesday, November 09, 2010
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    Steelers tackle Max Starks has a serious neck injury involving a disc and may not play again this season.
    Starks was consulting with doctors late today to determine if the injury required surgery, or if it would heal over time without surgery using physical therapy instead, a source close to Starks told the Post-Gazette.
    The source emphasized that the injury does not threaten Starks career.
    Starks, the Steelers starting left tackle, left Monday night's game in Cincinnati with what coach Mike Tomlin described as "stingers" in his neck. He returned to play but then left the game for good. Tomlin again described Starks' injury as a "stinger" at his press conference today.
    But an MRI later showed it to be a more serious injury of a disc in the upper verterbrae or neck area.
    Starks, 28, is in his seventh season with the Steelers. He has started the past three seasons at left tackle and also started two seasons at right tackle.
    The Steelers lost their starting right tackle, Willie Colon, to an injury in June.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10313...#ixzz14pYDaWWx

My Mood
    colts-hater
    This is definitely a huge setback but as bad as Johnathen Scott has looked when he has come in for whoever he spells I wouldnt mind seeing them move Adams to right tackle. At this point looks like Legursky could be an option as well to move over or they are just going to go with Scott or Hills...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Flozell is a natural LT, he did it all those years in Dallas but without Colon and a viable option to fill his void, they have some decisions to make. Legursky can play Guard or Center but he's not built for a Tackle position IMO. Scott has gotten owned every time he's played this year; now if he has to go up against the Pats and Belichick's defense it will be even more difficult.

Time for Tony Hills to sink or swim? He had a good camp and played well in spot instances Vs Tennessee. Sucks about Starks, but the team has to move forward.

My Mood
    colts-hater
    They have used Trai Essex as well at Left Tackle in some instances so he would be an option as well. Im guessing it will either be Scott,Hills,or Essex at left tackle and that they will not move Flozell Adams off the right tackle spot at this point although I think they should do it because it's their best option at this point...

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Flozell is a natural LT, he did it all those years in Dallas but without Colon and a viable option to fill his void, they have some decisions to make. Legursky can play Guard or Center but he's not built for a Tackle position IMO. Scott has gotten owned every time he's played this year; now if he has to go up against the Pats and Belichick's defense it will be even more difficult.
    flo is a MUCH more natural RT, hes a crushing run blocker and deaf in his right ear...he was out of position in dallas.

id like to see hills get a chance....but a much more realistic line is going to be

essex, kemo, pouncey, legs/foster, flo

The less they move people around the better. "Assuming" Kemo plays this week, my line is Scott/Hills, Kemo, Mo, Trai, Flo.

My Mood
    colts-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    flo is a MUCH more natural RT, hes a crushing run blocker and deaf in his right ear...he was out of position in dallas.

id like to see hills get a chance....but a much more realistic line is going to be

essex, kemo, pouncey, legs/foster, flo
    I agree with this combo right here since they probably will not move Adams to left tackle Id go with Essex at left tackle and start Ramon Foster at right guard...

So I'm guessing we pick up another offensive lineman this week for the price of Antonio Brown

Let's hope they aren't that stupid.

Thread Information