Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Helmet to Helmet

Bookmark and Share

Helmet to Helmet

I Just saw the refs throw flags on the Collie hit v. Eagles. Feel bad for him but that contact was iTOTALLY ncidental IMO. This rule is going to chnage the outcome of games.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Looked like a clean hit to me. If anyone is to blame....Blame Peyton for throwing that pass. He should have known Collie was going to get creamed.
    DJ Crimefighter @ Insaneradio.us

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    I Just saw the refs throw flags on the Collie hit v. Eagles. Feel bad for him but that contact was iTOTALLY ncidental IMO. This rule is going to chnage the outcome of games.
    The hit was not illegal, but I can understand why they throw the flag. They only see the play one time in game-speed, and it did kind of look like h2h initially. Remember, you cannot review a Penalty. With that being said, if that hit is fined later, it's out of this world.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

.....I agree...clean hit....glad you posted this... I was just thinking the same thing and you provided me an outlet to vent....
    Best wishes to him, he's a player...manning must bear some responsibility here though...the very next pass could have been the same kind of hit....no wonder his receiver ranks are so thin...he's killing them...
    "Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    The hit was not illegal, but I can understand why they throw the flag. They only see the play one time in game-speed, and it did kind of look like h2h initially. Remember, you cannot review a Penalty. With that being said, if that hit is fined later, it's out of this world.
    I agree with you in part. But go back and look at what transpired as a result of that call. What was an incomplete pass turns into three points eventually. The outcome of the game is far more important than whetever fines are paid. This will ultimately result in the rules being changed back in some way to what we are used to. The teams GMs will complain the loudest when one of them gets eliminated from the playoffs and the replay clearly shows that the refs erred.

Clean hit, bad call....

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    This rule is going to chnage the outcome of games.
    it already has, 10 point swing in 2 min...

Collie ducked into the hit... I still dont understand how that is a defensive player problem when the offensive guy ducks himself into the hit.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Did you notice bitch *** Manning on the very next play threw the exact same throw knowing the defense would be gun shy....????

Hmmmmm. Marino said that was not on Peyton...."he gave him two steps, plenty of room to protect himself"... Now I know mr Marino has thrown a few footballs for pay himself, and I respect that, but Manning is going to get these young receivers killed....you don't see him stringing out Wayne on a regular basis over he middle....
    Imho. I just think the QB has fallen out of the leagues discussion on these hits...just sticking it to the defender who is 90% of the time acting reactionary.....
    Jus sayin
    "Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

I agree with you in part. But go back and look at what transpired as a result of that call. What was an incomplete pass turns into three points eventually. The outcome of the game is far more important than whetever fines are paid. This will ultimately result in the rules being changed back in some way to what we are used to. The teams GMs will complain the loudest when one of them gets eliminated from the playoffs and the replay clearly shows that the refs erred.
    This would not be as big a deal, if the league itself did not focus so much on helmet to helmet hits atm. Had all the fines Harrison and others received, I doubt this would even have been a topic. My point is, this is only a bad call because of what have happened prior to this game. In reality, the hit happens so fast that the refs only have a moments to judge whether or not it is illegal. While the helmet to helmet contact was not intended at all, and unavoidable, i can easily understand why the refs would call it.

The call was not as bad as all of those wrong passinterference calls we see every single week imo. With that being said, as I stated before, this should not be Penalized at all, however following NFLs new sets of rules, number 42 will get 50k... That was what Dunta Robinson got for an unintentional h2h.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Thread Information