Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steeler Addicts Exclusive Interview & Video Chat with Cornerback Ike Taylor

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Good point Cricker, for those that have a webcam but maybe haven't used it in awhile, you might want to turn it on and make sure it works ok ahead of time

A few more bits of info...

The video chat will be like a chat room, where you can see everyone that is in the room with you. When you log into the chat room you'll create a username, I'd suggest using the same name as your SA account but it's completely up to you. Ike will be there, his username will be either Ike Taylor or Ike Taylor 24. Nobody else will be allowed to log in with that username.

When Ike clicks on your name in the chat room he'll be able to see you on your webcam, and when he is talking with you you'll be able to see each other. If you click on his his name at any time during the video chat you can see him

If he is talking to someone else you can still see him by clicking on his name at any time but he can only see the person he's talking too. He'll answer a couple questions from each person and when he is ready to move on to the next person he'll let you know. Ike will be the one initiating the conversation with each individual person as he goes through the list of everyone that is in the chatroom.

He is very personable and easy to talk too, and loves talking to the fans so think up a few good questions to have ready and lets have some fun!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Don't forget all, mark your calendars and get your questions ready!

My Mood
    Chatty
    I MAY need a reminder text.....

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I've got everything lined up for the phone call tomorrow at 2..shortly after I'll load it up on the website so everyone can hear it.

Im hoping we have a real good turnout for the chat tomorrow; his publicist has said he is open to any type of questions that we may have so feel free to ask away. I would not and will not attempt to censor anyone's questions for him, if you have a legitimate question then by all means feel free to ask it. Remember, we are representing SA here so let's make sure we make a good impression on him. We've all worked very hard to help make SA what it is today and what it will be in future, each and everyone one of you has a part in that. You never know what opportunities might come of this for the site in the future.

Have a great time with it and enjoy yourselves!

Tomorrow, Tuesday, at 7pm EST is when it will begin. I would suggest going to the site a few minutes early so you can sign in with a user name. I will be there at 7.

Just go to www.facemeike.com and look for a special link to the video chat room. Ike will stay and answer as many questions as he can. If you have more than 1 person with you, like a family or friend, be sure to let him know so he can answer their questions as well before moving on.

**Update** for those that don't have a webam, you can join the event! You can still see Ike in the chat room and ask him a question the only thing is that he won't be able to see you of course. So yes for those that don't have one, come on with us and join the fun!!
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 11-15-2010 at 09:51 PM.

My Mood
    Smokin
    this is awesome...I cant wait!!!!

Thanks for the sig Flea

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Coming up tonight all, be there or be square!! And don't forget, you don't need a webcam to join the chat now...see posts above..

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Alright everyone, I just got off the phone with Ike. He's a super cool guy, and very graciously answered our questions. He even answered one that my 8yr son asked me to ask him about his favorite movie..LOL.

Also an FYI, you might want to use Internet Explorer tonight for the chat...Firefox may not show the link properly.

If you have a webcam, when you click on his name you'll be able to interact with him live in the chat room. You can talk to him too, his voice will come through on your computer speakers so have your sound turned up ok so you guys can hear each other.

if you don't have a webcam, you'll still be able to type back and forth him. Again if you have more than 1 person at your computer that wants to ask him a question just be sure to let him know when he starts talking to you.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 11-16-2010 at 04:25 PM.

Chopper Challenge Champion SteelerNC's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bungals
    I wont be able to make it on tonight. Have fun and cant wait to hear the replay.

My Mood
    Horny
    headed in there now to make sure my web cam sets up

My Mood
    Smokin
    me too...just switched to IE

Thanks for the sig Flea

Thread Information