Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Head Coach...

Bookmark and Share

Head Coach...

Remember last year when the season fell apart, all of us saying that Mike Tomlin had this year to bounce back and prove that he is the right guy for the job! In 2008 we won the SB with a team that was bulit by Cowher.
    All I´m saying is, this is it for Tomlin, if he doesn´t fix this right now , we are heading for another ****** season!!!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    lol wow we lose a game and people act like the sky is falling. this team is 5-2, on the way to the playoffs. Offensive game planning was terrible last night, but everything else looks pretty damn solid to me.
    Last edited by Steel Trap86; 11-01-2010 at 07:21 PM.

My Mood
    colts-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerzion View Post
    Remember last year when the season fell apart, all of us saying that Mike Tomlin had this year to bounce back and prove that he is the right guy for the job! In 2008 we won the SB with a team that was bulit by Cowher.
    All I´m saying is, this is it for Tomlin, if he doesn´t fix this right now , we are heading for another ****** season!!!
    The next two games for the Steelers I believe against the Bengals and Patriots will determine a lot about where this season is potentially headed. Winning both of these games with teams like Oakland and Buffalo due up next on the Steelers schedule will really put the heat on the Ravens and let them know the Steelers are for real and are going to coming for them when they meet down in Baltimore in about 5 weeks.

10-6
    12-4
    9-7
    5-2

Man he really sucks....
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerDan43 View Post
    10-6
    12-4
    9-7
    5-2

Man he really sucks....
    I don't see one losing season on there, last season was a disaster and we still managed to have a "winning season". something the raiders haven't seen in 8 years

My Mood
    colts-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Trap86 View Post
    I don't see one losing season on there, last season was a disaster and we still managed to have a "winning season". something the raiders haven't seen in 8 years
    While Tomlin has yet to have a losing season record wise he still has had two late mid-November collapses on his resume in both 2007 and last year in 2009. In 2007 even though they did win the division they started out 7-2 and lost 5 of their last 8 games and lost twice to the Jaguars at home including the playoff game in a span of 3 weeks. And last year of course we know the team was 6-2 at the halfway point of the season and lost 5 in a row to some of the worst teams in football KC,Oakland,and the Browns. And even though they won the 3 remaining games and finished 9-7 with a chance to get in on the last week the mid to late season collapsed costs them much like it did in 2007. I think that's the main concern with Tomlin more then anything is he has had teams that started 7-2 in 2007 and looked poise to be one of the best teams in the AFC, and 6-2 last season in 2009 and poised to go another Super Bowl run both fall apart in mid-November.

That's why a lot of people will be keeping a close eye on what Tomlin does this season. If this team at 5-2 now or even at 6-2 if they win next week has another mid to late season meltdown under Tomlin like they did in both 07 and 09 then I think it's time to think that something is seriously wrong with how Tomlin's teams all of a sudden just fall apart out of nowhere...Im not saying Im concerned or anything yet but it's definitely something that Steelers fans had better be aware and not take anything for granted because we have seen 2 of the 3 seasons Tomlin has coached here team's fall apart for whatever reason...

My Mood
    Buzzed
    That's why beating the Bengals next Monday night is so important. Not only does it put us at 6-2 going into a HUGE game the next Sunday night against New England, but it completely buries any chances the Bengals still have of catching up and making the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    While Tomlin has yet to have a losing season record wise he still has had two late mid-November collapses on his resume in both 2007 and last year in 2009. In 2007 even though they did win the division they started out 7-2 and lost 5 of their last 8 games and lost twice to the Jaguars at home including the playoff game in a span of 3 weeks. And last year of course we know the team was 6-2 at the halfway point of the season and lost 5 in a row to some of the worst teams in football KC,Oakland,and the Browns. And even though they won the 3 remaining games and finished 9-7 with a chance to get in on the last week the mid to late season collapsed costs them much like it did in 2007. I think that's the main concern with Tomlin more then anything is he has had teams that started 7-2 in 2007 and looked poise to be one of the best teams in the AFC, and 6-2 last season in 2009 and poised to go another Super Bowl run both fall apart in mid-November.

That's why a lot of people will be keeping a close eye on what Tomlin does this season. If this team at 5-2 now or even at 6-2 if they win next week has another mid to late season meltdown under Tomlin like they did in both 07 and 09 then I think it's time to think that something is seriously wrong with how Tomlin's teams all of a sudden just fall apart out of nowhere...Im not saying Im concerned or anything yet but it's definitely something that Steelers fans had better be aware and not take anything for granted because we have seen 2 of the 3 seasons Tomlin has coached here team's fall apart for whatever reason...
    thank you!
    that's exactly my point!

My Mood
    colts-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Trap86 View Post
    That's why beating the Bengals next Monday night is so important. Not only does it put us at 6-2 going into a HUGE game the next Sunday night against New England, but it completely buries any chances the Bengals still have of catching up and making the playoffs.
    It's a huge game no doubt it's one the Steelers need to win and one that I believe the Steelers will win. I know the Bengals will be desperate and will play the Steelers tough to keep their season alive but the Bengals still do not worry me as much as I was concerned about the Saints last night. I just dont see the Bengals all of a sudden turning their fortunes around with as many problems as they have had so far this season against a team as solid as the Steelers. The Bengals defense looks terrible and Palmer continues to turn the ball over and implode late in the games week after week. The Steelers will come out with a chip on their shoulder with something to prove next week again on primetime after losing to the Saints last night. This is also a game the Steelers can get back from Baltimore seeing that they lost to the Bengals earlier in the season in Cincy. It will put both the Steelers and Ravens at 2-1 in the division until they meet again on December 5th and that is very very important. The Steelers cannot afford to drop another game in the division. They know that and I believe they wont allow that to happen...

I'm not worried about Tomlin. Last year was our worst since he came here and I blame that season on injuries. I think history will prove that Tomlin is a leader and the Steelers will do well under his watch.
    Mr. Comissioner, feel free to resoak those kerosene rags around your ankles for the 2011-2012 season. After the lockout the ants are angry as hell and more inclined to eat your candy ***! Thanks! --75Steeler

Thread Information