Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin's game management over the last 2 weeks has been terrible...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    colts-hater

Tomlin's game management over the last 2 weeks has been terrible...

It started back last week in the Miami game where he failed to give Jeff Reed as bad as he has been at least a chance to bang through a 54 yard FG before the half with 30 seconds left and 2 timeouts still in your pocket. Or at the very least there throw one up to the end zone and see if someone can come down with it. He later said he screwed that up after the game and said he should have given Reed a chance to kick one before the half. The point is it was poor game managment by the head coach. And then last night Tomlin early in the game wasted a challenge where the Saints punt returner's knee was clearly on the ground and there was no chance to overturn the play. Later on that challenge could have been used on 2nd and goal when Mendenhall appeared to have broken the plane and scored after the Randle El play and Tomlin was clearly reluctant to challenge that play since he already had used the first one early on in the game. Then, letting Reed try a 51 yard FG at the end of the half and giving the Saints potent offense the ball near midfield with a chance to gain momentum and get 3 points was a terrible move as well.

The playcalling as well before the half the last 2 weeks has been beyond terrible. Whether it's untimely holding call penalties, or stupid reverse calls, or going away from plays that are working it's almost as if Tomlin and Arians are trying to out think themselves way too much. Whoever is giving Tomlin advise on what to challenge upstairs if that's indeed what happened last night should be fired for challenging that play last night early in the game. There wasnt a snowballs chance in hell that the ball was out before the guys knee was down and for Tomlin not to see that on the big board or for the people upstairs advising Tomlin not to see it is just flat out inexcusable and those are mistakes that cannot be made. The game management is going to have to improve over the next 2 weeks playing a desperate Bengals team next Monday, and then playing the Patriots and Belichick who never misses anything. The kind of things that happened these last 2 weeks just cannot keep happening or it's going to put the Steelers in a better position to lose games then it will to win them...

My Mood
    Amazed
    If Tomlin does not get it together he will be the shortest tenure coach in Steeler history
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

My Mood
    Amazed

Don't be Mad At BA Tomlin Is At Fault

Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Game management has been suspect I agree with you. The FG attempts are just mind boggling. Dome or no dome, you can't give a good team that much free field position. Tomlin takes the ultimate blame because he is the head coach. Those reverse plays he constantly uses every game have not worked every year. Why in God's name does Tomlin let him even try it!

If Tomlin doesn't fire Arians, he needs to go.

Max penetration=try a reverse?
    Blitzing 6-7=have your WRs run downfield?
    First and goal from the half yard line=no QB sneak?
    Shaky kicker all year long=try 50+ yard field goals when there's plenty of time left in the half for the other team to score?
    First time touching the ball is a 80 yard kick return=benched in favor of Randle El?

Tomlin is very head strong and way too loyal to the vets..

Tomlin definately needs to grab the "bull by the horns", get some balls and start tumping Bruce Arians. It is his team and he has to run it as so. If not, he will lost the locker room. If a bunch of us on Steeler Addicts dot com and people in the media can see how blatantly obvious it is, TOMLIN BETTER figure it out FAST!

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    The problem is that Tomlin won't check Arians when he makes stupid calls. Tomlin should have immediately overuled Arians and called for the QB sneak.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post

Shaky kicker all year long=try 50+ yard field goals when there's plenty of time left in the half for the other team to score?
    First time touching the ball is a 80 yard kick return=benched in favor of Randle El?

NAILED IT!
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post

That about sums it up right there, every time we try that stupid reverse play it's always a disaster. I cannot for the life of me wonder why he keeps trying it week after week after week.

How about, first and goal from the 1 inch line, try a QB sneak right behind Pouncey and Kemo and if it doesn't work then you run a play action to Heath! I mean seriously, a TD is a TD no matter how you get it. Stop with this "we're gonna run it down your throat cuz we're tough" attitude and just get the points already! Play action to Heath is money 99% of the time!!!

Thread Information