Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Costly mistakes and missed opportunities on offense

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Costly mistakes and missed opportunities on offense

Costly offensive mistakes all night long! Missed opportunities, dropped balls, fumbles, you just cannot do that ever, let alone on the road.

Absolutely horrific play calling almost all night long. PERIOD!

How in the world do you not make a TD when you have first and goal on the 1/4 yd line. There is no excuse to line up and run it 3 times and get stuffed. You have to use your weapons, play action would have been money to Heath in the end zone.

The INT late in the second quarter to thwart a scoring drive by the Saints and we come up with a 51 yd FG attempt that gives them prime field position. Epic failure. You just cannot give up scoring chances like that.

The offense let down the defense in a big way tonight, no question about it!

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    The offense is definitely on the hook for this one! We just could not get it together
    :logospin:

Westerville, OH now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

My Social Networks

Follow StlersGuy On Twitter Add StlersGuy on Facebook Add StlersGuy on Google+ Visit StlersGuy's Youtube Channel
    Big Ben still looks rusty and the timing is just not there. Also someone needs to slap BA around for the play calling.

*Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk Pro

Pittsburgh's offense for most of the game was shaky and predictable.

BRUCE ARIANS!

Rapid Reaction ESPN James Walker
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...20-steelers-10

What I didn't like: Pittsburgh's offense for most of the game was shaky and predictable. New Orleans brought the blitz often and it worked. The Steelers either ran right into the blitz or failed to pick it up on passing downs. Pittsburgh seemed to get in rhythm late with a fourth-quarter touchdown. But a catch and fumble by tight end Heath Miller was the Steelers' last chance to mount a comeback.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    The Saints have one healthy corner left on the roster and we can't exploit that huge weakness with our passing game.....lol What a joke and BA needs to be beaten really bad for his awful game plan and play calling........Throw the ball more on first down Bruce for Christ sake.....

Plus were was a deep ball to Wallace.....I know the Saints pressure on defense prevented the Steelers from going deep most of the game but when the Steelers started to move the ball somewhat late there right before Miller's costly fumble I was screaming just throw it deep to Wallace.....

The Defense played well enough to win but still had problem getting off the field on third down yet again....

The Steelers better right the ship quick......They must play better then this tonight to win in Cincy......The Bengals will be playing for their season next week......

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    The Saints have one healthy corner left on the roster and we can't exploit that huge weakness with our passing game.....lol What a joke and BA needs to be beaten really bad for his awful game plan and play calling........Throw the ball more on first down Bruce for Christ sake.....

Plus were was a deep ball to Wallace.....I know the Saints pressure on defense prevented the Steelers from going deep most of the game but when the Steelers started to move the ball somewhat late there right before Miller's costly fumble I was screaming just throw it deep to Wallace.....

The Defense played well enough to win but still had problem getting off the field on third down yet again....

The Steelers better right the ship quick......They must play better then this tonight to win in Cincy......The Bengals will be playing for their season next week......

They couldnt throw it b/c the saints had no choice but to blitz everyone to offset their sorry secondary... in which our OL still sucks, so we couldnt get the ball off fast enuff (at least there is no pressure from the middle no more) AND BA couldnt see that everytime they blitzed they left the middle of the field wide open! Which they only used twice, first one ARE almost broke, second Miller fumbled.

D played well, except on 3rd downs in the second half... ya know when it counted
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    I don't think the offense had a game plan to be quite honest with you. Going for it on 4th down? Giving up field position. They were predictable. Trying to force the run. Try the 2 minute offense! Where was Ward all night? Miller? ok he had the fumble. It almost seemed like the O was waiting for the defense to win the game. BigBen was off target all night, underthrowing guys. We could have won this game.

Too many penalties too. Harrison penalty was costly, so was troys. Can't blame it all on the o. Reed is totally undependable anymore.

--- Added 10/31/2010 at 10:48 PM ---

and ben rusty? Hey its your 3rd game back time to get it together.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

OUr offense is ridiculously passive wit BA calling the plays... It is really painful for me to watch

need a quick rebound, cincy is very desperate. That said the ravens have a tough road too, they play miami followed by a thursday game against the falcons. were in good shape, we've lost to 2 good teams (1 without ben)

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Playcalling was just horrible, why the **** do we continue to run Mendenhalls wheels off all night long? Ben is back, start spreading the damn ball around. What happened to Miller? he was targeted 2 TIMES, Wallace is averaging 23 yards per catch and we target him 3 times?. What kind of a game plan is that? Ben started to get something going AFTER we fell behind a touchdown because we started spreading the ball around. WHY do we wait until we're scored on before we do this. Arians has the brain span of a ****ing fruit fly.

game plan was just terrible, offense was the biggest eye sore of the night.
    Last edited by Steel Trap86; 11-01-2010 at 12:59 AM.

Thread Information