Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't see you guys losing to New Orleans

Bookmark and Share
    Waterboy

Can't see you guys losing to New Orleans

As a Browns fan, I certainly enjoyed watching them trounce the Saints in New Orleans last Sunday. But honestly, as has been pointed out on this forum more than once, that game really was a bit of a fluke: the trick plays, the rare 4-INT performance by Brees, etc. There WERE encouraging signs for the Browns like the time-consuming fourth-quarter drive and subsequent field goal that put the game out of reach, but I can't help but feel that, if we were to play the Saints 10 times in a row, New Orleans wins nine of them.

EVEN STILL...I saw some pretty glaring weaknesses in the Saints. Their offensive line was just plain confused despite the fact that all of the Browns did was limit the number of down linemen and ran a couple of stunts. Nothing major, and certainly nothing an NFL offensive coordinator shouldn't be able to handle.

On the other side of the ball, I didn't think the Saints' linebackers played all that well, either. Again, they seemed easily confused and didn't read and react well when they needed to. Plus, come on...Peyton Hillis is no Walter Payton!

All of this is to say, I can't imagine the Steelers losing this week. The Saints will be mad, yes, and I think they'll hang with you for awhile. But ultimately, the Steelers are too good to lose this game, from what I've seen.

By the way, what is it like to have a team that actually competes week in and week out? I can't imagine...

My Mood
    Love
    Steelers are making up for those stupid losses last season. Here we go Steelers here we go!!!!

the saints could go 5 wide and beat us all day with colston, henderson, meachem, moore and bush....but i dont think they are that smart

My Mood
    colts-hater
    I think this game will be very very close and I just think this is a game that the Steelers will have a very good chance to win but they will fall just short and lose something like 31-28. I hope I'm wrong but that's just the way I see it playing out now. As much as Steelers fans hate to admit it this team still has a few more losses to be had this season and I just happen to think this is going to be one of them. Plus, losing to an NFC team will not hurt the Steelers in the division or conference tiebrakers as well so I dont think losing this game would be the worst thing in the world if youre a Steelers fan...The game the Steelers do not want to lose is the game next Monday night in Cincinnati against the Bengals. That is a game I believe the Steelers need too and MUST win much more then this game against the Saints.

My Mood
    Love
    Steelers are playing too good to lose and Saints are going to put up a crazy fight.

i feel like its always a shoot out when we play the saints and the falcons

My Mood
    Love
    Last time Ben & Brees faced off was in 2006. It was their 2nd meeting. The score was 38-31 with Steelers winning the game at home. But this time we're in their house. We'll see how it plays out.
    Last edited by Scorp; 10-27-2010 at 04:36 PM.

This game worries me... Our secondary hasn't looked good of late and Brees can definitely spread the ball around, if our secondary plays like it did the last couple of weeks we could be giving up a lot of points.

My Mood
    Love
    Have faith people

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by SufferinginCleveland View Post
    By the way, what is it like to have a team that actually competes week in and week out? I can't imagine...
    We'll let you know after we forget about last season

Thread Information