Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pireira says call was good call. article.

Bookmark and Share

Pireira says call was good call. article.

DAVIE, Fla. -- A former NFL vice president of officiating says the only mistake made by the crew working the Miami Dolphins-Pittsburgh Steelers game was to initially award a touchdown to Ben Roethlisberger on a pivotal play late in the fourth quarter.

NFL Nation
    Our eight bloggers help you keep up with all the latest NFL news division-by-divison. Blog

After that, former league executive Mike Pereira said, the crew handled the situation correctly, despite debate about the subsequent replay review and explanation of the final ruling.

The ruling proved crucial in Miami's 23-22 loss. A Dolphins player emerged from a pile with the ball, and a replay review determined Roethlisberger's TD was instead a fumble.

But because the video didn't provide clear evidence as to which team recovered, Pittsburgh kept the ball and kicked the winning field goal.

You should see the people bitchin about this thread on the baltimore sun lmao.

In the future please post up a link to the article...thanks, - BRC
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 10-25-2010 at 07:25 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    DAVIE, Fla. -- A former NFL vice president of officiating says the only mistake made by the crew working the Miami Dolphins-Pittsburgh Steelers game was to initially award a touchdown to Ben Roethlisberger on a pivotal play late in the fourth quarter.

NFL Nation
    Our eight bloggers help you keep up with all the latest NFL news division-by-divison. Blog

After that, former league executive Mike Pereira said, the crew handled the situation correctly, despite debate about the subsequent replay review and explanation of the final ruling.

The ruling proved crucial in Miami's 23-22 loss. A Dolphins player emerged from a pile with the ball, and a replay review determined Roethlisberger's TD was instead a fumble.

But because the video didn't provide clear evidence as to which team recovered, Pittsburgh kept the ball and kicked the winning field goal.

You should see the people bitchin about this thread on the baltimore sun lmao.
    They prefer you also post links along with any articles. It's sad when the B sun has nothing to do but worry about us. Get of our nuts already rats. Then again, ya think they might be worried abut us taking the division.
    Last edited by steelers4life66; 10-25-2010 at 05:04 PM.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united steeler nation.
    And to the franchise for which it stands. One nation of domination
    With the ability to crush you all.

it was a "good" call, since it was immediately called a TD (bad call) they made the right call because the whistles were blown...had this been at the 5 they would have let it play out cause no one would have called a TD and miami would have clearly recovered it....the refs were hasty and ****ed either way....id be PISSED if i was a dolphin fan though and so would all of you because its an iffy rule and an iffy call

the bills should be pissed, they got robbed on a TD and a Strip/Fumble..

no media noise on that, oh yah, it was the ravens that stole a game twice.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    it was a "good" call, since it was immediately called a TD (bad call) they made the right call because the whistles were blown...had this been at the 5 they would have let it play out cause no one would have called a TD and miami would have clearly recovered it....the refs were hasty and ****ed either way....id be PISSED if i was a dolphin fan though and so would all of you because its an iffy rule and an iffy call
    yeah, well I'm not a Dolphins fan so I'm not pissed. **** happens and we've had our fair share of ****ed up calls go against us.

Let 'em all cry. Who really cares?

Point is... the refs made the call, not the Steelers. People need to quit their bitchin' and calling the Steelers cheaters. I've heard more than my share of that today and it's getting old.

Miami had FIVE shots inside the redzone and they **** the bed each time. Okay.. only 3 were inside the redzone, the other two were a yard or two outside the RZ. Whatever. They didn't get the job done.

They can cry about the refs right along with the Seahag fans all they want... I won't lose one wink of sleep.

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

Starter
    My Mood
    Angry
    Last week, it was James Harrison being a dirty player, this week we cheated. All I know is that we are 5-1.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

[QUOTE=lloydfan4life;371884Point is... the refs made the call, not the Steelers. People need to quit their bitchin' and calling the Steelers cheaters. I've heard more than my share of that today and it's getting old.[/QUOTE]

the real killer is that the camera angles down the line were not available.. only the angle from the back of the end zone, i still feel if there was a goal line camera, ben had the ball over by a half inch or more before it came loose.. they should have called inconclusive since they only had the one angle. we had 6..

they called TD.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    lol i would have absolutely loved to see some seahawks fans reaction to big ben diving head first in the endzone for another controversial TD, had it been called one

My Mood
    Addicted
    It was the right call..I wouldn't say it was a good call because it never should have come to that. They should have let it play out but hey, it got us a win so I'm not complaining.

My Mood
    texans-hater
    Miami also committed a personal foul on two plays before the Ben play where when one of their players threw Heath Miller out of bounds which advanced the ball from the 10 down to the 5 yard line. So that's another thing the Fins fans can look at as well instead of blaming the refs. How about not letting Emmanual Sanders to run the kickoff back to midfield on that same drive, or stopping Mewelde Moore on 3rd and 5 and not letting him pick up 20 plus yards on a little dump off check down pass?? Or how about actually driving down the field on the last drive when you had over 2 minutes left and try to get in FG range to win the game?? Miami failed and failed miserably on each of those plays and that's why they lost not the play in the end zone with Ben. Of course the Miami players and fans will totally overlook all this because it had nothing to do with why they lost it was ALLLL the Ben play in the end zone and nothing that occured before or after that play happened...

Thread Information