Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: NFL sends out memo to teams...defenses give up a lot of points this weekend

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,566

    NFL sends out memo to teams...defenses give up a lot of points this weekend

    After Goodall sent out his orders around the league, if you look, the teams that play a physical brand of defense..ALL GAVE UP A BUNCH OF POINTS ON SUNDAY!

    We gave up way to many points to a weak Dolphins team. And Harrison has said he was out their thinking instead of reacting.

    Look ath the Ravens..all those points to the Bills???


    Look at the Bengals....the Falcons are a decent team but 39 points?? Sorry but it's more the a coincidence that three physical defensive teams all gave up more points then usual.

    And I bet the Jets give up quite a few to the Packers this coming Sunday. Don't get me wrong, the Packers should be in the 20's in this game. But if we see the Packers put up 35 plus on the Jets, then it is clear to me that this is the clear effect of Goodall's bull$hit mandate.


    edited your thread title so we know what the thread is about - BRC
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 10-26-2010 at 08:13 AM.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  2. #2
    Starter igor0190's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coldest Major City in the WORLD
    Posts
    1,379
    I also saw a few replays where it was blatantly clear the defender let up instead of giving the big hit....
    The one I remember was a Ratbird player.

  3. #3
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    17,947
    and they love it.....mission accomplished for the NFL more points are being scored

  4. #4
    Big T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Penn State University
    Posts
    5,508
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    and they love it.....mission accomplished for the NFL more points are being scored
    Sad but true...

  5. #5
    Draft Pick V_83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Southern OH
    Posts
    441
    Yeah, they just said on MNF not too long ago, that this week was the highest scoring week since like '83.

    Not a coincidence to me.

  6. #6
    Ratbird Slayer Farrior Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,498
    BUT Romo and Favre are hurt so we are gonna need some more rules. How about a Halo around the QB. To penetrate the halo you must notify the QB and then count to 20 in a Mississippi style. If you do not follow the rules you will be suspended for a minimum of 4 games. Also the Defense will now play with 8 players and the offense will play with 17 players, this is to make games more competitive and we at the NFL feel that scoring will not increase much. We have also made the field 70 yards long, this will make the game more exciting. In addition once a running back has broken through the initial defensive line he is not to be touched. This will make the game more exciting and we do not feel it hurts the integrity of the game. All plays will now be reviewed at least twice so we can make sure everything is fair.

  7. #7
    2nd String
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    516

    we have the #4 ranked defense :O

    okay, what's up with such bad defenses this season, were giving up 299 yards a game and we are 4TH :OOOOOOO.

    I know the league is evolving into passing offense, and you usually get more yards per pass than rush, so is the great defenses over?

    I bet in 2 years the #1 ranked defnse will at least be 280 yards per game.... and 4.5 yards per play.... compare that to the steelers 2008 defense of 230 yards per game and 3.9 yards per play.

    Will we not see another 230 yards per game effort by the Steelers again? I know that was a legendary defense but still it hurts to see Colt McCoy to throw 280 yards on us

    I prefer seeing much less yardage than points....

  8. #8
    Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,337
    I'd like to see much less of everything--yardage and points. I have been trying to figure it out as well as I was unimpressed with out pass D even more than I was last week. The only thing I can figure is that either my expectations are too high (entirely possible) or 28 other teams defenses are a lot worse than I gave them credit.
    :logospin:

  9. #9
    Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Farrior Fan View Post
    BUT Romo and Favre are hurt so we are gonna need some more rules. How about a Halo around the QB. To penetrate the halo you must notify the QB and then count to 20 in a Mississippi style. If you do not follow the rules you will be suspended for a minimum of 4 games. Also the Defense will now play with 8 players and the offense will play with 17 players, this is to make games more competitive and we at the NFL feel that scoring will not increase much. We have also made the field 70 yards long, this will make the game more exciting. In addition once a running back has broken through the initial defensive line he is not to be touched. This will make the game more exciting and we do not feel it hurts the integrity of the game. All plays will now be reviewed at least twice so we can make sure everything is fair.
    You're giving the league too many ideas!!! LOL
    :logospin:

  10. #10
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,627
    Quote Originally Posted by super cleats View Post
    okay, what's up with such bad defenses this season, were giving up 299 yards a game and we are 4TH :OOOOOOO.
    A lot of new teams converting to 3-4? dont really have the right players maybe?
    or the coaches cant coach up the 3-4 a well as others?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Nothing special about this history...........
    By NOVA STEELERS in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-25-2010, 04:11 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 02:59 AM
  3. Street Credits NFL Report - Preseason Week 3
    By Deb in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2007, 01:50 AM
  4. Special teams get new voice, a ton of attention
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 05:40 PM
  5. Playoff Scenario for the Steelers still alive...
    By Troyisabeast_43 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 12-08-2006, 12:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •