Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers maintain their lead in the AFC North today...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Steelers maintain their lead in the AFC North today...

It would have been soo damn sweet had the Bills been able to hang on to that big lead they had today over the Ravens and then comeback and win in OT but you knew it was gonna be too good to be true. Im still not sold on the Ravens and I still think they are not as good as everybody makes them out to be. Where was the great Ed Reed today on defense when he let the great Ryan Fitzpatrick throw the ball over the place on him and the Ravens defense...It would have been nice to take a game in a half lead over the Ravens but Ill take the huge AFC conference win today over Miami and keep the half game lead in the division. I would much rather lose in New Orleans next week instead of in Miami today or in 2 weeks in Cincy on Monday night because it will not count quite as much in terms of tiebrakers in the standings. Although, after what happened today in New Orleans with the Browns winning I dont know what to make of the Saints now. Also, it was good to see the Bengals drop another game and drop to 2-4 and a full 3 games behind the Steelers in the AFC North. The Bengals are now in absolute MUST win territory the next 2 weeks at home against both the Dolphins and the Steelers. If they do not win both of those games you can pretty much stick a fork in them for the rest of the season. Only 6 games into the season you cannot afford to already by 3 games behind 2 teams like the Steelers and the Ravens in the division and expect to make up all that ground and still think you have a legit chance to win the division because it will not happen.

So overall great win today and a gutsy effort by a Steelers team that was short handed on defense on a hot sunny day in Miami and found a way to make enough plays to win this game. Last year this game is a loss no doubt. One win down 3 more to go on this toughest stretch of the season going into New Orleans and Cincy the next 2 weeks and then coming home to face a pretty solid Patriots team. It was absolutely HUGE coming out of Miami with a win today and start this stretch off on a winning note...

My Mood
    Addicted
    I agree with u Troy... I knew the Rats are who i thought they was and actually they are getting worse Fitzpatrick threw for over 471 before over time on that weak @$$ wack Rats defense, Then Buffalo got cheated out of the game in OT with a bad no call because his forward progress was stopped...Overall i'm not worried about the teams we play im worried about US beating ourselves we are so predictable on Offense and on Defense we been calling bad plays the last two games IMO.. we just have to get it together and fast i'm not worried about the injuries we have except for Aaron Smith if he's lost for the season that will be a big lost for us but i like the young raw talent we have at LB and i'm excited to see Mc Clendon get some playing time, we will be ok if we don't shoot ourselves in the foot on Defense and Offense and kudos to our special teams they have been playing consistent and making big plays Go STEELERS!!!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Steelers needed this win today, although a costly one with the injuries. Credit the Bills for hanging tough but they just ran out of gas in OT. I love that the Bengals failed again. Cleveland winning doesn't mean much so whatever.

The key for us to get out of this 3 game road trip with a 2-1 record at the worst. The Ravens schedule is definitely easier coming up, but being on the road is where you find out what you're made of. I love that we're 5-1 right now, none of us can complain about that!

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    The Steelers needed this win today, although a costly one with the injuries. Credit the Bills for hanging tough but they just ran out of gas in OT. I love that the Bengals failed again. Cleveland winning doesn't mean much so whatever.

The key for us to get out of this 3 game road trip with a 2-1 record at the worst. The Ravens schedule is definitely easier coming up, but being on the road is where you find out what you're made of. I love that we're 5-1 right now, none of us can complain about that!
    Not complaining at all--love the 5-1--but am concerned with our D and the number or injuries--the road isn't getting easier for us--man I wish the Bills had hung on!
    :logospin:

Duke of 531
    thank god we pulled out that game today...the bills should have knocked off the ratbirds, how come the ratbirds don't play that lousy against us....things might have looked pretty bleak if we had to go to new orleans after losing to miami...but the saints got thumped by the clowns this week, i guess we will see if that was a fluke or not next sunday

I figure if the bungals can't hang with Atlanta coming off a bye, they are done. I'll take Miami on the road next week.
    At least when we have a bad year, it's called a superbowl hangover. Bungals suffer from Division champ hangover any time they have a good year.

Go Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post

At least when we have a bad year, it's called a superbowl hangover. Bungals suffer from Division champ hangover any time they have a good year.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    This is how it's going to be all year; The Steelers and Ratbirds will be fighting each other week in and week out trying to stay within a game either way. They both know that contest in Baltimore later in the year will be for all the marbles in the division. We won the first road game, now it's onto the next challenge. These road wins build character and confidence.

I love that we're 5-1 right now, none of us can complain about that!
    Obviously ya haven't been reading through some of these threads... all the whining about how we are winning,I don't know what to make of it.

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Cleveland winning doesn't mean much so whatever.

Well yes it does. The better Cleveland plays the more confidence they will get. The Steelers do travel to Cleveland later this season. We all know what happened in Cleveland last year. Browns knocked you guys out of the playoff hunt.

Thread Information