Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Smith, Flozell Adams, Lamarr Woodley key injuries

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns
    That ****ing blows not what the Steelers wanted to hear...Hopefully it's not that I will wait for official conformation...Time for sack of **** Ziggy to step up his game now...It's now or never for him...

--- Added 10/24/2010 at 03:46 PM ---

Smith is becoming very injury prone and if he is out for the season it will be the 3rd time in 4 years he has suffered a season ending injury in mid-season....Gotta wonder how much longer he is going to hold up because getting hurt 3 times in 4 years is not a good sign...

If Smith is done then so is our superbowl chances

this may be it for smith. hes getting old and another rehab must be frustrating. if it is then thanks for all you gave to the steelers smith, one of the best 3-4 ends ever

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    That ****ing blows not what the Steelers wanted to hear...Hopefully it's not that I will wait for official conformation...Time for sack of **** Ziggy to step up his game now...It's now or never for him...

Smith is becoming very injury prone and if he is out for the season it will be the 3rd time in 4 years he has suffered a season ending injury in mid-season....Gotta wonder how much longer he is going to hold up because getting hurt 3 times in 4 years is not a good sign...
    yea we need some young blood in the line up this means Mc Clendon will get signed because it looks like Aaron is done for the year again, i like the way Mc Clendon plays and i like the way J.Worilds plays also i hope these young cats see some playing time next week, the Bills just got cheated out of the game against the rats...

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    So does this mean our 09 D will be back w/ out Smith???
    it was already back after game 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post

When is Keisel expected back?

damn his bicep must be in rough shape....hood played yet another terrible game....really looking forward to seeing th d get gashed in the run game in the upcoming weeks

My Mood
    Clowns
    Didnt Jason Worilds play some defensive end at VT?? If so I would much rather prefer using him at D end over a guy like Ziggy Hood who is not nearly as effective...

Triceps

NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reports that Steelers DE Aaron Smith may be done for the year with a torn tricep muscle.

Smith tore his right rotator cuff in October of 2009 and his bicep muscle in December of 2007, so at least this isn't related. He's still unlikely to play again this season. Smith, 34, produced just 12 tackles and no sacks in Pittsburgh's first five games, but the undeservedly unheralded defender was playing the run very well. LE Brett Keisel is also out indefinitely, so the Steelers will need backups Ziggy Hood and Nick Eason to step up in a major way. Their run defense ranking threatens to fall off by quite a bit.

My Mood
    Addicted

Aaron Smith (probably) out for the season

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...triceps-injury

MIAMI -- The Pittsburgh Steelers are bracing for defensive end Aaron Smith being out for the remainder of the season, a league source said after Sunday's game against the Dolphins.

The team fears Smith has a torn triceps, and he will undergo further tests Monday. However, the Steelers are operating under the assumption that Smith will be out for the season, according to the source.

Smith played in the Steelers' first five games in 2009 before sustaining a torn rotator cuff against the Detroit Lions. The Steelers placed him on injured reserve following that game, ending his season.

Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley (hamstring) and tackle Flozell Adams (ankle), who also were injured in the 23-22 victory over the Dolphins, aren't out long-term. Woodley said he'll "definitely" be back next week. Adams also could return by then.
    All I can say is

Thread Information