Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cameron Jordan

Bookmark and Share
    so stud WR means diva? even the great hines ward has held out for more money and bitched and moaned when we drafted a WR high...he'll be moving on soon and no one will be able to get the catches he does except miller because wallace is soft and brown and sanders are tiny

calvin johnson is in a league of his own when it comes to ability and hes not a diva by any means and honestly the top 5 WRs in this draft all check out fine for divaism

Its a bit early to pick who will be where, but I think DE and WR look to be well represented this upcoming draft class. I am guessing more teams will prioritize DE than WR as the WRs usually fall a bit, but you never know.

I wonder if the Steelers still like Sweed (I know he hasn't put anything on tape but drops [except for one good hit])? If so, I can't see them taking a WR in the first, without giving him one last chance, which means he will still be on the roster at that time. If they release him after his injury and rehab, anything is possible then. Nobody saw us taking Mendy and Sweed a couple years ago.

Whoever we get, hope it's a home run like Pouncey again.

Interestingly, some injuries this week may expose where we need the most help and this may start people thinking about position players. If our back-ups can't back up (not to mention spot start), the focus may change. I think the Steelrs will take best player on their board, but if it is close, they may lean toward an area where we have a need.

I have started watching more college football and can't wait to get the draft chatter going again. For now, I hope we pick real late in the draft.

Starter
    i will have to say that i think julio jones is worth moving up for, not just taking if he is there and should be a legitimate consideration ... only slightly behind DE, FS, CB in terms of guys worth moving up for ..

it always is about return on investment and julio jones underneath/after the catch and wallace deep would be insane with the pouncey/mendenhall growth factor ..

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    I always enjoy your posts a lot. Always trying to attempt flaming someone if possible.

So far, all Wallace have done is to run ****ing fast. That is awesome, and he is most likely the fastest WR in the NFL, but that is what we've seen from him so far. I don't claim its bad, but that is what he do. He have even said so him self, that so far that is what they have been using him for. I have hardly forgotten Sweed, and I still think he can be a good WR in the NFL, but he is injured at the moment, as I have to assume you know. I also don't see him getting more chances with the Steelers, as they did draft two WRs. That does not change that I still think he'll be good somewhere, but I am just not going to count him in anymore.

Sure, we need a DE, which is also why I asked a question about a player, and then i explained why i thought that picking a WR is not a bad pick at all.

As for me knowing about the teams needs - Do you? Do you know better than me? The internet must really be a frustrating place for you, if you get pissed every time someone have an opinion that someone does not

Black@Gold Forever32, do you think there is any OT worth taking this year so far? From what I am hearing, the OT class is pretty weak compared to last year.
    DeMarcus Love from Arkansas is my favorite OT in this class......He has the tools but he hasn't put it all together yet.........But I think he could be one of the late blooming players.....Right now Love is anywhere from a 2nd to 4th round pick....But I think he could be one of those players that shoot up draft boards......

Derek Sherrod in my opinion would be the best OT to fit our offensive system..........Sherrod right now I would say is a late first round pick....Its not a great year for OTs by no means.......

I live in Indiana and have seen some Indiana games this year......James Brewer the mammoth OT from Indiana has impressed me somewhat and a player I would take a chance on the 2nd day of the draft.....

I think we need to go secondary with our first pick in the draft. Taylor seems to struggle at times and could prolly use someone to push him for his position. However, at this point in the season, it is hard to evaluate corners b/c it seems no one is having any monster years, but if I had to pick, I would prolly say Janoris Jenkins from UF. He is very talented and would work well in our scheme. Looking forward to how he does against the best receiver in the NCAA right now in AJ Green this weekend.

--- Added 10/29/2010 at 10:41 PM ---

Although we dont need a receiver in this class, AJ Green would be the man the trade up for. Julio Jones is a great player but he is no AJ Green. We really dont have to worry about trading up for anyone b/c that is not what the steelers do. We usually take the best available player at our position.

We would most likely have to loose the rest of your games to be in a position to be able to even trade for Green tbh. He could very well go first overall if he keeps healthy
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Starter
    yep, that is why i think julio makes a case if he slips .. if we trade up that high i would rather have patrick peterson ..

I would love it Patrick Peterson fell to us that far. He is a once in a blue moon talent. Plus he's a big physical guy that we would be able to put on an island. That would enable our from 7 to do what they do. In addition, Troy could have more freedom to play in the box instead of having to help our corners all the time.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Next draft, Pitt needs DL (MOST IMPORTANT)
    CB WR (hines replacement) Safety depth
    Oakland, Where Careers Go To Die!!!!!

http://myxilplik.mybrute.com

http://tironne.mybrute.com

orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland

My Social Networks

Add mcfly06 on Facebook
    What about Curtis Brown Corner From Texas?6'0 runs a 4.5 forty;Prince Amukamara from Nebraska 6'1 runs a 4.45 forty.After tonights game we need CB help,Oline and Dline to get younger and add depth mainly at CB and maybe a WR in the middle rounds.

Thread Information