Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vince Young is the QB that Vick wishes he was

Bookmark and Share

Vince Young is the QB that Vick wishes he was

Vince Young can run fast as hell. He also can pass accurately for big yardage. He returned to his hometown in Houston and tore the place up.

Mike Vick can pass and would have been a stronger passer if he had been more trained on how to pass early in his career, now he's getting older and not as able to run. Young came out of the gate passing, running, and is looking to possibly make the Titans a force in the AFC again within two seasons.....all while Leinart is pigeon-holed in Arizona.

But on the Vick vs. Young....thoughts?

BuFu

My Mood
    Amazed
    Did you ever notice that generally when these guys come out of college, they have that raw talent, then the team they get on decides to teach them to play football, the NFL way and they end up with the raw athletic talent gone. Lordell was awesome for his 1st couple years, then look at Ben.

Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i sure hope you ain't comparing vince to kordell......i ****ing hate when ppl do that, the only comparison there is that they are both black........vince is 2506720958672059867205867209358762356720358 times better then kordell could ever dream of being

as for him being compared to vick......vince will be better, he's stronger, taller, better passer, knows better when to run and when not too......overall he's just a smarter player then vick and knows how to win......

the titans will be badass in a couple of years, vince will be to that team what mcnair was before he became a china doll lol
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Quote Originally Posted by koopa View Post
    i sure hope you ain't comparing vince to kordell......i ****ing hate when ppl do that, the only comparison there is that they are both black........vince is 2506720958672059867205867209358762356720358 times better then kordell could ever dream of being
    When did I ever compare Vince to Kordell? There is no comparison between those two! They are both black....but the similarities stop there.

Quote Originally Posted by koopa View Post
    as for him being compared to vick......vince will be better, he's stronger, taller, better passer, knows better when to run and when not too......overall he's just a smarter player then vick and knows how to win......
    Good points. Vince showed he knew how to win by winning the national championship last year.

BuFu

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    the kordell part was directed to lyn lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    One thing to keep in mind about Vince Young is to remember that it's not uncommon for a rookie to come in and be a huge success in his first year. Just look at Ben, he came into the lineup in that Balt game a few years back and was very successful. Vince is doing a great job this year and he's really lifted that entire team after the dismal start they had.

Just watch because the other teams really have no film on this guy, they don't know his tendancies, his accuracy, etc so it's harder to defense him. Once we get into 2007 and teams have almost a years worth of film on him they'll be able to find out more about him and figure out ways to keep him under control.

TG has a great point! Once tape starts making it around the league of Vince he will be brought down to earth and have to change up his game. Right now the Titans are more than likely keeping the play book simple and he maybe has 2 reads at most. Once the play book is opened up and the video gets out and 1 team learns how to shut him down he will then be another NFL QB.

As for the Vick and Young comparison. Young his light years ahead of Vick. Young will at least attempt to throw the ball and he has won more with his arm than he has his legs! Maybe Vick should watch some of that Young film to learn how to be a good QB!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The interesting thing is, Vick has alot more weapons at his disposal than Young does, yet Young is still airing it out and getting better each week. The guy is a force that's for sure but Im not ready to crown him the next great QB in the league yet. The titans have a soft schedule this year as well, not taking anything away from what they've done because they're playing better than anyone thought they would but I want to see him against more quality opponents and after teams have started to devise ways to keep him contained, and then see how he does.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Wait lets slow the whole Vince Young train down a bit. Is Young playing well? Yes the young man is playing really well for the Titans and leading them to wins. But he is still far from a good passer by any means. I know going into the Texans game yesterday that Vince Young was completing less then 50 percent of his passes. Its going to take more then 10 or so games to judge Vince Young.

As for the comparisons to Vick. Again its going to take more time for us to compare these two. Mike Vick is an average at best QB when it comes to being a passer. But I will say the Falcons with Jim Mora as coach and Greg Knapp as OC tried to make something he isn't a west coast QB. That system totally doesn't fit Vick's strengths.

I hope the Titans take note of this and put a system in place to take advantage of Young's strenghts and try to make him something he isn't like the Falcons have done with Vick.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    One thing to keep in mind about Vince Young is to remember that it's not uncommon for a rookie to come in and be a huge success in his first year. Just look at Ben, he came into the lineup in that Balt game a few years back and was very successful. Vince is doing a great job this year and he's really lifted that entire team after the dismal start they had.

Just watch because the other teams really have no film on this guy, they don't know his tendancies, his accuracy, etc so it's harder to defense him. Once we get into 2007 and teams have almost a years worth of film on him they'll be able to find out more about him and figure out ways to keep him under control.

ok he's been playing for 8 games, the whole they don't have film doesn't work any more...... he doing exactly what he did in college and that's win games

Thread Information