Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers best with a bit of Ben

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    Don't let those top 10 stats mislead you. Our offense is up there because we have had too many games where we've had to throw the ball too much. Thats racks up yardage but doesn't show how good or bad we are. Same with the D. We've given up a lot of short fields this year and even though we haven't given up a lot of yards we haven't exactly stopped anyone in those short fields.
    I've seem glimpses of how good both sides of the ball can be this year but we aren't doing it every game. A lot of that is the way Willie runs and all the injuries we've had and not to mention the way the line has been playing most of the year.
    TOP can be misleading too. We give a team the ball at the 20 and they score with one play doesn't give them any time.
    Of course stats are miss leading at times. Just saying the top 10 stats prove that the Steelers are not as bad as their 6-7 record would say and the thing that has killed the Steelers is the turn overs.

This team has the potential to be a force next year on the offensive side of the ball. If the Steelers make some adjustments on defense then I would expect the usual Steelers D we all expect to see every Sunday.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I know about the TO's killing us all too well....lol All I was saying is stats alone can be misleading. I don't think we've had a "real" top 10 offense this year. I do think they are good enough to be one though.
    The defense I just don't get. We've had games where teams couldn't move the ball at all on us and then other games where we couldn't stop anyone.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    I know about the TO's killing us all too well....lol All I was saying is stats alone can be misleading. I don't think we've had a "real" top 10 offense this year. I do think they are good enough to be one though.
    The defense I just don't get. We've had games where teams couldn't move the ball at all on us and then other games where we couldn't stop anyone.
    I know bro what you are saying just saying with the Steelers being top 10 in total offense we're seeing the potential of this unit. I know you about the turn overs as you have watched this nightmare season unfold like the rest of us.

I'm with about the defense. I have no clue at times what their problem has been. Like you said at times they look like the Big Nasty D of old then they have looked like they couldn't stop a wet paper bag.

Thread Information