Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrison fined $75k

Bookmark and Share

Harrison fined $75k

NFL fines Harrison, Meriweather and Robinson for helmet shots
    Vinnie Iyer
    Sporting NewsSporting News

The fines from a hard-hitting Sunday in the NFL have been levied by league officials, and not surprisingly, they have gone to most egregious offenders.

According to multiple media reports, Patriots safety Brandon Meriweather, who delivered two vicious helmet-to-helmet hits on Todd Heap in New England’s 23-20 overtime win over Baltimore, will be docked $50,000 for his actions. Steelers linebacker James Harrison will be fined $75,000 for a pair of similar instances in Pittsburgh’s 28-10 win over Cleveland, in which he caused Browns receivers Joshua Cribbs and Mohamed Massaquoi to suffer concussions. Falcons cornerback Dunta Robinson also gets fined $50,000 for a hit that led to both him and Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson being concussed.

None of the players were given suspensions.

Read more:

Harrison, Meriweather & Robinson fined for helmet shots

My Mood
    Addicted
    I was just listening to Lavar Arrington's radio show and he was discussing this. A guy came on saying that if fines don't stop players from hitting the way they are, they need to start suspending people, to which Lavar responded that that's going to start ruining the game, because then players and going to stop talking. gotta say I agree with Arrington.

Wow, they said that cribbs was a RB and was not an issue.... Now it is?

How about the last two weeks. TJWards two hits, the hit on Aaron Rodgers??

Sounds like a suspension may be coming according to ESPN.com article..

Players and teams are usually notified on Wednesdays of fines and the league confirms them publicly on Friday. But suspensions need to be determined earlier in the week to allow a team to prepare for competing without that player.

Ray Anderson, the league's vice president of football operations, said Tuesday that suspensions will be in place for the coming weekend's games and could be handed out for hits that took place last Sunday

Completely and totally ridiculous!! What are we going to do put dresses on all the offesive players...

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

they will suspend harrison next week so he cant play the saints, a new way to control the league leaders.. more parity control....

were the big hitters TJWard... and others last week all rookies? they didnt have that kind of coin to start these 75k fines last week.......

this week the veterans were the hitters?? money in hand.... just thinking...

Pure f'n BS....I can't believe this!

This will absolutey mean pure hell for Henne!!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    they will suspend harrison next week so he cant play the saints, a new way to control the league leaders.. more parity control....

were the big hitters TJWard... and others last week all rookies? they didnt have that kind of coin to start these 75k fines last week.......

this week the veterans were the hitters?? money in hand.... just thinking...
    Dear Mr. Harrison,

In addition to turning our heads everytime you are held, you will now also be suspended next week for hitting someone. If you hit anyone the week after that, you will be tossed from the game, and suspended again. We're just sick and tired of you doing your job as a linebacker. We hope you understand.

Sincerely,
    the NFL

P.S. Please don't hurt us.

I don't get the amounts. I thought Merriweather's hit much more egregious. And Dunta Robinson's hit? Granted, he almost knocked himself out, but Harrison getting the biggest fine?? What's up with that? They say it's b/c he's a repeat offender.
    If Joshua Cribbs' hit counts, then what about TJ Ward? As said above, he's a rookie so I guess it doesn't count - his helmet to helmet hit on Mendenhall? And where is all the moralizing about husbands, fathers, etc. when it comes to that hit? Didn't hear a peep from Watson on that one. Oh is that because it was HIS TEAMMATE who inflicted the hit?

How the F does Harrison get fined more?! They are only fining him for the Massaquoi hit which was iffy and the others are getting fined less for hits that were definitely illegal.

Thread Information