Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Group Plans Protest Of Roethlisberger Before Steelers Game

Bookmark and Share
    Tailgate Coordinator

Post Group Plans Protest Of Roethlisberger Before Steelers Game

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...18/detail.html

PITTSBURGH -- One group told Channel 4 Action News that it's planning to protest quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's return to the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday.Sarah Ainirial told Action News reporter Marcie Cipriani that she and her group are planning a tailgate protest outside Heinz Field before the Steelers game against the Cleveland Browns at 1 p.m.
    Ben Roethlisberger

"We're just a group of Pittsburghers who aren't OK with what happened and aren't OK with Big Ben being brought back to the field," said Ainirial.Ainirial said Roethlisberger's four-game suspension after a sexual assault allegation by a 20-year-old Georgia college student was too lenient and sends the wrong message."Players are supposed to conduct themselves in a certain manor. Players have been traded and cut from teams for things such as DUIs, drug use, bar fights. So why is it when someone is accused of assault they're just given a suspension? That's not OK. That's not adequate and we feel as though a lot of it is because of what a valuable player Ben Roethlisberger is," said Ainirial.Roethlisberger was never charged in the case.Cipriani reported that Heinz Field officials said security will check fans and confiscate any vulgar or inappropriate material targeting Roethlisberger or any other player.Pittsburgh police said they are aware of the protest plans and said a decision will be made Friday on whether or not more officers will be needed, Cipriani reported.Police said the group does not have a permit to march.

I have nothing against them protesting, it is thier right. But why didn't they protest at the pre season games?

I'm A "Champion"

My Mood
    no mood
    Quote Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post

I have nothing against them protesting, it is thier right. But why didn't they protest at the pre season games?
    Because that wouldn't give them the publicity they want.

James Harrison - "Right now, you know, some people may want to jump on the Steelers bandwagon.
    Don't do that. We don't need you. We didn't need you at the beginning, we don't need you now."

My Mood
    Buzzed
    This is never gonna end, not this season anyway.

I could understand if he had charges pending and this was his first game back, but why do this if nobody knows what really went down?
    Last edited by Steel Trap86; 10-14-2010 at 10:51 PM.

I really wonder if these people have actually read all the facts... I mean I read some of the investigation and from what I got from it the situation basically boiled down to the girl in the bathroom never saying no, only that she "didn't think they should be doing this" (having sex). This is NOT saying NO. It is a situation involving alcohol in a bar. IMO her saying that she shouldn't be doing this was likely interpreted by Ben as she is a drunk college girl at a bar wearing a DTF (Down to F**#) name tag and she shouldn't be screwing an NFL QB. But she's not resisting or saying no.

It doesn't make him a classy guy by any stretch, but it also doesn't classify as rape or a sexual assault in my mind or obviously in the Georgia State investigators mind either. Yeah, Ben should be held to a higher standard and I think he has realized that.

Give me a break... those protesters will be drowned out in a crowd of black N gold Big Ben lovers. Nobody will even notice the 20-30 protestors.
    Last edited by igor0190; 10-14-2010 at 11:02 PM.

Duke of 531
    So why is it when someone is accused of assault they're just given a suspension? That's not OK. That's not adequate
    let's pray we don't end up in this broad's version of america...this insolent bitch just answered her own question Why is it when someone is ACCUSED? Exactly bitch accused not arrested, charged or convicted...in your america anyone one simply accused of anything should be given your vision of what is just.... I plan on walking around the stadium hoping to encounter this bitch so that i can shoot her lame arguments down like clubbing baby seals...people like this make my blood boil this bitch has probably never set foot in heinz field... ben has served his suspension but it isn't enough...she should keep her mouth shut like ben did when he didn't appeal the sanction...some classy bitch...eh excuse my vulgarity but i can't take this much longer

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by airbrake 1 View Post
    let's pray we don't end up in this broad's version of america...this insolent bitch just answered her own question Why is it when someone is ACCUSED? Exactly bitch accused not arrested, charged or convicted...in your america anyone one simply accused of anything should be given your vision of what is just.... I plan on walking around the stadium hoping to encounter this bitch so that i can shoot her lame arguments down like clubbing baby seals...people like this make my blood boil this bitch has probably never set foot in heinz field... ben has served his suspension but it isn't enough...she should keep her mouth shut like ben did when he didn't appeal the sanction...some classy bitch...eh excuse my vulgarity but i can't take this much longer
    WOW! 5 "Bitches" used ...you must be pissed!

Quote Originally Posted by chisteeler View Post
    WOW! 5 "Bitches" used ...you must be pissed!

Nice rant Airbrake... pretty accurate too.

Innocent until proven guilty.
    No attempt to prove guilty = innocent
    He got suspended for public perception of the situation and the NFL being embarrassed by his negative publicity. Could you imagine if Ben decided to take the NFL to court because they disciplined him for something outside of the law? I wouldn't be surprised to see him easily win back his lost game checks.

The few protesting trolls will get drowned out real fast by a loud excited Steeler Nation

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I hope the fans there run them out of the parking lots. If I was at that game and walked by their protest stand they'd be getting a serious ear for their BS. Yes it's their right to protest, but it's also my right to tell them **** off! It's done, it's over, we're not talking about it anymore, we're moving on with the season and Ben is our QB.

I'm sorry but I'm so sick to f'n death of talking about Ben's off field issues.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I gotta feeling it's going to get ugly with this group Sunday......Maybe some super soakers filled with drunken ****...

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united steeler nation.
    And to the franchise for which it stands. One nation of domination
    With the ability to crush you all.

I doubt it will get ugly. There will probably be a few drunk 20 year olds that will make a scene with them and give the news something to write about. But most will not even notice them and their 15 minutes of fame will last about 30 seconds. It's not news worthy.

It was the same thing here in Philly with Vicks first game.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Thread Information