Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Harrison fined $75k

Bookmark and Share
    He won't be suspended...

NEW YORK (AP)—The NFL has fined but not suspended three players for dangerous hits in Sunday’s games.

The league announced Tuesday that the Pittsburgh Steelers’ James Harrison(notes) was docked $75,000 while the New England Patriots’ Brandon Meriweather(notes) and the Atlanta Falcons’ Dunta Robinson(notes) will lose $50,000 each.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the league wanted to give players fair warning before it begins suspensions for flagrant hits. He says a memo will go out to teams Wednesday about the changes in disciplinary action.

Vice president of football operations Ray Anderson said earlier Tuesday that players could be suspended for hits that occurred in last weekend’s games.

Woodley said it best"

"if the league is so concerned about players health, then why are they pushing 18 games"

"just say'n"

I'm close to his <quote>
    Last edited by LatrobePA; 10-19-2010 at 06:18 PM.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    He won't be suspended...
    Not this time..

Duke of 531
    I remember james harrison saying he cared about the money and he should. I don't care he he makes a billion dollars he earned it and should be able to keep it...but this is another example of goodell making decisions based on public opinion and his lawyers telling him that all kinds of players from the past who had concussions assembling together for some type of class action suit... lawsuits scare the hell out of the owners, but these claims hold no water the players know the risks and are hansomely compensated for the risk...if the player doesn't want to accept the risk, i dont see the owner holding a gun to his head forcing him to play, he can find a job driving a taxi or flipping burgers...so remember every time someone says that a hit is illegal(even when the hit is on a steeler) your giving fuel to goodells fire...this BS will be the death of the game we all love

Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ View Post
    How the F does Harrison get fined more?! They are only fining him for the Massaquoi hit which was iffy and the others are getting fined less for hits that were definitely illegal.
    According to NFL Network, Harrison's fine was more because he is a "repeat" offender.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post

Harrison will now hit harder and lower on the body...

you would think harrison being shorter.. would really hit hard down lower. i say aim for the ball..... i guess more cracked ribs will be coming next week.
    Fumbles and cracked ribs..a good combo!

Quote Originally Posted by airbrake 1 View Post
    ... lawsuits scare the hell out of the owners, but these claims hold no water the players know the risks and are hansomely compensated for the risk...
    They would hold water if neglect was shown. A few good attorneys could certainly make a case.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Dear Mr. Harrison,

In addition to turning our heads everytime you are held, you will now also be suspended next week for hitting someone. If you hit anyone the week after that, you will be tossed from the game, and suspended again. We're just sick and tired of you doing your job as a linebacker. We hope you understand.

Sincerely,
    the NFL

P.S. Please don't hurt us.
    Oh and by the way thanks to you, we are officially changing our names to the NVAL No Violence Allowed League, and you will be required to sing hymns in the huddle before every play.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Steelers should absolutely be appealing this along with Harrison and his agent. There is no excuse to fine James for those hits and either worse fine him more than others who's hits were more flagrant.

I would my entire years salary to watch Goodell get on the field for just 1 play with Harrison.

Tailgate Coordinator
    Heck on the NFL.

I'm A "Champion"

Welcome to Candy *** Goddell's NFL. Pretty soon it will be the National Fag League and they will play flag football and both teams will have a picnic together at halftime and pat each other on the ***! Makes me sick!
    Mr. Comissioner, feel free to resoak those kerosene rags around your ankles for the 2011-2012 season. After the lockout the ants are angry as hell and more inclined to eat your candy ***! Thanks! --75Steeler

Thread Information