Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrison fined $75k

Bookmark and Share
    Bottom line is, it's not our money so why do we care so much? These guys make millions, but what pisses me off is the ******* refs didn't throw flags on either one. He's a repeat offender steming back to the hit on VY where he lifted him them slammed him into the ground with 3 other players. Again NO f'n FLAGS.

Harrisons only mistake is running his mouth after the game, if he kept quiet I'm betting he'd be fined a less amount...

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Dear Mr. Harrison,

In addition to turning our heads everytime you are held, you will now also be suspended next week for hitting someone. If you hit anyone the week after that, you will be tossed from the game, and suspended again. We're just sick and tired of you doing your job as a linebacker. We hope you understand.

Sincerely,
    the NFL

P.S. Please don't hurt us.

At least no suspension for this week's game.

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Bottom line is, it's not our money so why do we care so much? These guys make millions, but what pisses me off is the ******* refs didn't throw flags on either one. He's a repeat offender steming back to the hit on VY where he lifted him them slammed him into the ground with 3 other players. Again NO f'n FLAGS.

Harrisons only mistake is running his mouth after the game, if he kept quiet I'm betting he'd be fined a less amount...
    This SHOULDN'T **** you off... If they start leaving this bullcrap in the hands of the refs the game will be completely ruined with 15 yard penalties all over the place.

The NFLPA needs to get some balls and get involved.

I think this explains why they don't call the holding penalties all the times that Harrison is blatantly. It's their way of payback.

Quote Originally Posted by igor0190 View Post
    This SHOULDN'T **** you off... If they start leaving this bullcrap in the hands of the refs the game will be completely ruined with 15 yard penalties all over the place.
    Fine the zebras for not knowing their *******s from a hole in the ground then.

I can see a fine and or suspension if their were flags thrown.

Quote Originally Posted by igor0190 View Post

The NFLPA needs to get some balls and get involved.
    They WILL be throwing flags all over the place. I just hope Harrison does tone it down enough not to get suspended. Anything he does is going to be under a microscope.

This is freaking nuts... We got a bunch of white collar suits who've never played the game deciding what the intent of players hits are. They then assign a dollar value or suspension to it. Are you f'n kidding me.

$75,000... I wonder what kind of fine it will take before an individual player gets their lawyers involved and sues the NFL.

NFL fines Steelers' Harrison $75,000; Harrison: 'It was a legal hit'
    Tuesday, October 19, 2010
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Keith Srakocic/AP
    Linebacker James Harrison hits Browns wide receiver Mohamed Massaquoi. The NFL fined Harrison $75,000 for the hit.

Steelers linebacker James Harrison has been fined $75,000 by the NFL for his helmet-leading hit that caused Browns wide receiver Mohamed Massaquoi to receive a concussion. Harrison was not suspended.
    Browns wide receiver Joshua Cribbs also sustained a concussion on a helmet-first hit by Harrison on a running play a few minutes before the Massaquoi hit. The Cribbs tackle was not reviewed by the NFL.
    "It was a legal hit," Harrison maintained in an interview today with the Post-Gazette, before the fine was levied by the NFL, as did Steelers coach Mike Tomlin.
    "All you have to do is look at the tape," Harrison said.
    He said he was not aiming for Massaquoi's head and actually tried to pull off of him. He believes he's being targeted because of media opinion against him.
    "If I get fined it's because anybody out there who has a camera in their face or a pen in their hand is writing their opinion and it's all the same. I just happened to be one of the bigger names who hit somebody last weekend."
    The fine came as the league announced it would begin suspending players for dangerous and flagrant hits. Harrison was not penalized on the play.
    The NFL also fined New England's Brandon Meriweather and Atlanta's Dunta Robinson $50,000 each for "flagrant violations of players safety rules" in games Sunday, according to a league statement($50,000)
    In letters to each player, Ray Anderson, NFL Executive Vice President of Football Operations, said: "Future offenses will result in an escalation of fines up to and including suspension."
    The statement noted that Harrison is a "repeat offender", having been fined $5,000 for unnecessary roughness for roughing the passer in Pittsburgh's Sept. 19 game against Tennessee.
    A handful of blows to the head in Sunday's NFL games prompted league officials to react, promising a crackdown with fines and/or suspensions for such hits. Harrison even cited the hit by Patriots defensive back Brandon Meriweather on Baltimore tight end Todd Heap as "a nasty hit."
    "My hit was nowhere near the magnitude of that," Harrison said. "That was a nasty hit."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10292...#ixzz12r4RrtM4
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 10-19-2010 at 09:38 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post

I don't care about the money, hell, the players don't even care about the money. What I care about is there possibly being a suspension now for these perfectly legal hits. THAT would be annoying.

The NFL is turning into a school yard game of 2 hand touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Root4Stlrs View Post
    I think this explains why they don't call the holding penalties all the times that Harrison is blatantly. It's their way of payback.
    if they would call all the holding on 92.... the offense would stop it... and then sometime during the game they would need a new QB... so its just more ref game control to protect the QB.

Harrison will now hit harder and lower on the body... he said he would rather pay the fine hitting high then hurt the players down low.

you would think harrison being shorter.. would really hit hard down lower. i say aim for the ball..... i guess more cracked ribs will be coming next week.

Thread Information