Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers still in the playoff race...(LATEST SCENARIOS)...

Bookmark and Share
    House of Steel
    Rainman!

I agree with your post, Rain. It is a very up in the air shot for us to roll into the playoffs, but if we don't make it, think of us getting a good draft pick to rebuild and reload. We could very well do what the New England Pats did after winning their first and missing the playoffs. The rest is history.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    At this point I'd love for us to make the playoffs, nothing would be sweeter than to rub it in the rest of the league's faces..however if we just finish out strong at 9-7, I'll be content after how bad this year went. 9-7 would be a great accomlishment considering.

Tha BEER Guy, Beer HEERRE
    IF is the keyword in this thread. IF, IF, IF..... The steelers screwed up this year by some coaching mistakes and deep down in my heart I want them to go but this is not going to happen.

Stranger things have happened, I'm still behind the Steelers playoffs or no playoffs! If they can finish at or above 500 then the season won't be a complete loss considering how awful their record was just weeks ago.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If we can't make the playoffs I'd atleast prefer to finish as not haivng one of the worst records of a defending champ. I'll take 9-7 for sure.

Well, if we miss the playoffs, I want it to be because we lose this week to Carolina. I like the Panthers, and if they beat us, at least they still have a chance to get to the playoffs. I would hate it if we beat them, and then lose to the ravens, or have one of these teams we need to lose screw it all up by winning.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

My Mood
    colts-hater
    As Ive been saying on here what we need to happen this week is the Steelers obviously need to win to get 7-7, the Steelers will stay alive if they win if 2 out of these 3 teams lose the 3 teams are Cincy,Jacksonville,and Denver. I think Cincy is a lock to lose down in Indy next Monday night so it then comes down either the Jags losing at Tennessee which would then put them at 8-6 or the Broncos losing down in Arizona which would put them tied with the Steelers at 7-7. If that would happen then we would need Denver to beat Cincy the next week and put them both at 8-7. Then if we would beat Baltimore and Cincy the next 2 weeks the Steelers would end up 9-7 and the Bengals would end up 8-8.

Then all we would need is for the Broncos and Chiefs to both finish at 9-7 because we would win the tiebraker over both of them because Kansas City would win the tiebraker over Denver based on better division record and then the Steelers would win the tiebraker over the Chiefs based on their meeting head to head. All we need to do to win the tiebraker over the Jets is for them to lose in Miami on Christmas night if they finish at 9-7. The Steelers win the tiebraker over the Jets based on common opponents since thats the next tiebraker after conference record which would both be the same with the Steelers and Jets at 6-6.

So the bottom line this week is this no matter what the Steelers do win or lose. If 2 out of these 3 teams dont lose this week Cincy,Jacksonville,or Denver the Steelers will be eliminated by next Monday night. Its very very simple to figure out guys if you look at it closely like I have.

would you want the steelers to get to the playoffs, just to lose the first game? i don't. seriously i hope they finish strong, but don't make it. it will make them hungry for next season. JMO.
    Last edited by Friday133; 12-11-2006 at 07:17 PM.

i just want to finish strong 9-7 is amazing for starying out 2-6. If we finish strong, draft well, stay healthy...next year might be better than last year

Well I agree that missing the playoffs may be best for the long run, but it would just bring me so much satisfaction to know that we can let the rest of the league get a big head start, and STILL end up in the playoffs.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

Thread Information