Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ravens Dichotomy Over Pats and Steelers Game

Bookmark and Share
    Starter

Ravens Dichotomy Over Pats and Steelers Game

After the Ravens beat the Steelers it was like they won the Super Bowl (or should I say "Big Game?" will the league come after me?). It was Flacco's "career defining drive" (actual quote). I wanted to shoot myself in the head. One Raven stated, and I quote "we lowered the Hammer down on the Steelers."

Now, that was not the game I was watching. That was some sloppy-*** football all around. Either team could have won (or lost) that one. Fast forward to today . . .

The Ravens were talking about how bad they played. As were the local media and such. They did play decent against the Pats, but in the end they lost. They play like crap against the Steelers, barely win, and they played a great game?

That seems to be Baltimore's mentality; fans, media, and the team. They collectively believe it is their right to win. The outcome of the game has nothing to with their perceptions of what actually transpired.

I have a particular interest in this rivalry, as my in-laws are totally snobbish Ravens fans who share in their purple fantasy world, and I live just outside of Baltimore. I did have a great weekend - the Ravens lost, the Steelers won, and I won my fantasy football game with Ben as my starting QB!

My Mood
    Addicted
    After the Ravens beat the Steelers my friend texted me saying something like "Ravens #1 in the division, they'll stay there all year."

I texted him back, "Well that lasted long."

The Ravens are a good team...but i am sorry ONE drive by Joe Crappo does not mean he is up there with the best. Remember when we where pinned on our own goal line against them and we had to punt and blah blah blah...well today we where pinned at out goalie a few times and what happened BIG BEN drops 40+ yards in the hands of Wallace. We are a more balanced team and i cant wait to go to the rat birds house.

Draft Pick
    I predicted at the start of the year we would split our games, with each winning away. I definitely think we are on track for that.

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    The Ratbirds won against the Steelers because we were in the dreaded "prevent" defense. That defining drive that Flacco was so touted for was given to him by the D trying to keep everything in front. They were playing very soft. I am totally against the prevent D. I wish we had brought the house and had seen just how good Flacco had done then...I know that is not conventional wisdom, but the prevent defense only seems to cause trouble.
    :logospin:

Quote Originally Posted by Speeed View Post
    After the Ravens beat the Steelers it was like they won the Super Bowl (or should I say "Big Game?" will the league come after me?). It was Flacco's "career defining drive" (actual quote). I wanted to shoot myself in the head. One Raven stated, and I quote "we lowered the Hammer down on the Steelers."

Now, that was not the game I was watching. That was some sloppy-*** football all around. Either team could have won (or lost) that one. Fast forward to today . . .

The Ravens were talking about how bad they played. As were the local media and such. They did play decent against the Pats, but in the end they lost. They play like crap against the Steelers, barely win, and they played a great game?

That seems to be Baltimore's mentality; fans, media, and the team. They collectively believe it is their right to win. The outcome of the game has nothing to with their perceptions of what actually transpired.

I have a particular interest in this rivalry, as my in-laws are totally snobbish Ravens fans who share in their purple fantasy world, and I live just outside of Baltimore. I did have a great weekend - the Ravens lost, the Steelers won, and I won my fantasy football game with Ben as my starting QB!
    well said my friend. reminds me of the rat fans on youtube. they claim we are "stupid and delusional" for getting excited about beating atlanta and tennessee because they are "****** teams" yet they beat cleveland and "flacco is elite" and they beat denver and "they are WINNING the super bowl". everything about that organization is a joke. from their colors to that hideous, putrid logo, the whiny coach and their whiny, excuse making players, down to the dumbasses that are fans of that steaming pile of dog **** of an nfl franchise. when they lose or we win, or god forbid we beat them, there's always an excuse as i've mentioned several times on here. whether it be refs, luck, them giving us the game, the league fixing it, locusts, zoo animals, aliens, global warming, bush, obama, illuminati, freemasons, haarp, chemtrails, solar flares, sunspots, black holes, the large hadron collider, hale bop, hitler, stalin, castro, bin laden, the bp oil spill, katrina, iraq, it's always an excuse to why they lost. yet when they get help from the refs, like they did against the jets in week 1 or the 08 afc chamionship game they have nothing to say. i can't wait til week 13. i want ben to actually be guilty of rape, against that ratty *** defense of there's with all their overrated, excuse making crybabies, cough, ray ray, cough, suggs, cough

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Joe Flacco drove a huge 40 yards to win the game vs the Steelers and some talking heads compare it to Ben driving 90 yards to win the Super Bowl......lol

I'm still not sold on Joe Flacco.....His career TD/INT ratio in the play-offs is a very impressive 1-6.......Plus he isn't completing 50 percent of his passes in the play-offs......Yea Flacco is a elite......lol

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nuclearchihuahuas View Post
    The Ratbirds won against the Steelers because we were in the dreaded "prevent" defense. That defining drive that Flacco was so touted for was given to him by the D trying to keep everything in front. They were playing very soft. I am totally against the prevent D. I wish we had brought the house and had seen just how good Flacco had done then...I know that is not conventional wisdom, but the prevent defense only seems to cause trouble.
    Exactly. Joe Crappo didn't do anything. He failed the majority of the day and when we went into a prevent, it prevented us from winning. Crappo Flacco is the same middle of the road QB he's always been. Even with improved weapons around him.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Steeler fan in Baltimore

I'm a Steeler fan who lives in Baltimore with an entire family of Raven fans. Let me tell you, football life cannot get sweeter!! They were printing the SuperBowl tickets in 09 after winning their 1st 3 games & then they ended up losing their division. This year the tickets were printed before they won a single game after they acquired Boldin. Optimism is fine, but reality needs to sink in down here. Win some titles before bragging about how good you are. Playing like a Raven has meant finishing 2nd or worse for most of their existence. Why would anyone wanna play like a Raven?? Really??
    Where Have You Gone Johnny U?

all I can say is thank you Pats..... (God ,that was painfull ! )

Thread Information