Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Committment to the run still evident; perhaps too much?

Bookmark and Share
    Redman is a Peyton Hillis clone. He is every bit of a bruiser but doesn't get enough carries.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
    Redman is a Peyton Hillis clone. He is every bit of a bruiser but doesn't get enough carries.
    Redman is great..I don't know why the Steelers have been holding out on him for so long. It seems like everytime he touches the ball something positive happens.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    One of my biggest complaints about Bruce is he seems to never stick with what is working.....When Ben started to pick up huge chunks in the passing game then BA went away from it.........But I understand why the Steelers did run the ball more today........I do think Ben had some rust factor and he did have to shake it off........He missed some throws today which is expected and still threw for 257 with 3 TD's.......That should be enough evidence for Bruce that Ben is damn close to being fully ready and I would expect in the coming weeks that Ben will be passing 30+ a game......

--- Added 10/17/2010 at 06:46 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
    A black clone....ok sorry bad joke but I do like the comparison and I agree........

The Steelers let the Brownies hang around WAAAAAY too long today. One big special teams play for them and they would/could have had the lead and put us behind the 8 ball. Some more passing to get a bigger lead, more Redman, and running off tackle would have been nice to see.

Yes they let the Browns hand around but that's not BA's fault. I think You guys should lighten up on him... did you forget about the 2:00 minute 96 yard drive where Ben had 3 passes for about 90 yards? The game plan and calls were fine..Ben had some rust missed some throws..but shook it off nicely.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Draft Pick
    I think we needed to be committed for 2 reasons. Firstly, Ben wasn't into it from the outset 100%, as seen by that first interception. Secondly, the commitment to the run game was required early to open up big plays, like those two passes in a row to Wallace and Miller. They needed to know we weren't just gonna go straight back to 2009 Steelers and throw the run game out the window.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    There will be a better mix of run/pass going foward. But you have to factor in the rust that Ben had. Especially early. Arians was over protective. But you can't blame him..especially after the interception.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelJunkie View Post
    Arians doesn't understand that the pass sets up the run. He also doesn't understand that run, run, pass isn't fooling anyone.
    the browns play calling made colt look good. arians in his typical way, makes our great O look average.

zero extension still for BA..

--- Added 10/18/2010 at 06:49 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    There will be a better mix of run/pass going foward. But you have to factor in the rust that Ben had. Especially early. Arians was over protective. But you can't blame him..especially after the interception.
    The INT.. In the Redzone again... Ben is making a habit of this.

My Mood
    Love
    Maybe they are just saving the best for going down the stretch.

Thread Information