Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colts Collapse?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Peyton has been carrying this team all year, and anybody who knows anything about football combined with their past history knew they were going to collapse to some degree towards the end of the season and in the playoffs. You simply cannot win in the playoffs if you cant run the ball or stop the run. It's been proven year in and year out and always will be that way.

Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    Ya gotta give some credit to the Jags run defense, making them one dimensional .
    The Colts basically are one dimensional.....the Jags just exposed and exploited that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Peyton has been carrying this team all year, and anybody who knows anything about football combined with their past history knew they were going to collapse to some degree towards the end of the season and in the playoffs. You simply cannot win in the playoffs if you cant run the ball or stop the run. It's been proven year in and year out and always will be that way.
    That's true. 9 times out of 10 the team that can control the running game will be the team to win. If you can run the ball well you can control the clock and pace of the game. If you passpasspass you are constantly having to continue to passpasspass because the passpasspass drive you just made to score only took a minute and a half off the clock!

BuFu

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's been proven that the way you beat the colts is to run the ball, but also you have to get pressure and get in Mannings face. If you let him sit back in the pocket all day he'll pick you apart but if you get pressure he'll make mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    It's been proven that the way you beat the colts is to run the ball, but also you have to get pressure and get in Mannings face. If you let him sit back in the pocket all day he'll pick you apart but if you get pressure he'll make mistakes.
    And who did that? ::cough::Steelers::cough:: playoffs::cough::

BuFu

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Exactly, we set the blueprint for how to beat them. Everybody else before us was too afraid to send pressure for fear of getting burnt, either because they didnt have the players or the scheme to do it, or becuase they though keeping everyone back was the better idea. Obviously that didnt work and since we beat them, everybody else has taken their que from us.

The Jags have always played the colts well, mainly because they have the horses on defense to get after him and a good running game, and they proved it today.

The Jags have the Colts in their division, so they have to learn how to beat the Colts or they will get burned every season.

The Steelers did set the blueprint for this season. They came in and put Peyton on his *** 5 times! As soon as they gave him room he made a big play, as soon as they went back to Blitzburgh on his *** he was shut down.

Mannings can be summed up in one line: They can not handle any pressure.

BuFu

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I never thought I'd see the day when Colts fans were turning on Manning but from what Ive read on a few sights and heard here, there's more than a few that are getting pissed off at these late season collapses and mistakes by Manning at crucial times.

To be mad entirely at Manning I think is foolish. Colts fans might be mad and looking for a scapegoat, but instead they should be mad at the Colts organization for how they have set up the whole team. If they know they have a quarterback like Peyton who can't get over that pressure they can not set up the football team to put all the weight on that man's shoulders. As soon as you do you are in a situation to collapse when that single man collapses.

With a quarterback like Peyton I would be building the run game. Why? Because a QB like Peyton is going to make even mediocre receivers look good so there is no need to star-stud the receiver core to guarantee receptions. By building the running game the receiving game has less pressure on it so that it will be more able to make completions and plays. When I say building the running game I not only mean backs but also the O-Line. To take pressure off the QB a turnover forcing defense would be necessary/desired.

BuFu

Thread Information