Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Emmanuel Sanders active against Cleveland

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 75Steeler View Post
    I think both Brown and Sanders have a very bright future with this team and Tomlin is still evaluating both men. ARE and Battle should be slowly phased to the bench as the season progresses to allow the younger guys their time.
    Both Battle and ARE should be replaced and both Sanders and Brown should dress.
    :logospin:

Some nice catches by Sanders. There were no wide open drops a la Sweed which is always good. His second catch, I believe, was in traffic and good to see the focus. Hopefully we'll see more of him in the future. I respect ARE's contributions in the past but I hope Sanders' play makes ARE expendable. I know ARE is a locker room guy and a solid vet, but the time to bring in the younger guys seems fast approaching, just like the Pens traded Colby Armstrong and Ryan Malone, (two solid locker room guys and contributors) the Steelers need to take a page from the Pens on this one.
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I love him already. Probably because, if you've read his facebook, you would see how excited he is to play and to make a contribution. It's nice to see a player so humble.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    We need Sanders on special teams. We need that added pop that he brings.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    He made some real nice plays today, he took advantage of his opportunities. Tomlin said he was pleased with his performance and is pitting them against each other every week and they are both responding. Brown got the game day call the last few weeks and now it's Sanders' turn.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Brown and Sanders have so much talent. Will we every develop some plays just to take advantage of their talents?
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    colts-hater
    Sanders made two big plays on 3rd down which lead to one score and kept another drive alive on 3rd and 10 and 3rd and 13. He definitely looks ready to contribute and hopefully their our more balls coming his way because he has definitely earned the playing time...

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Sanders looked sharp today, just makes you wonder how good will he be ? I would love to see the Steelers deactivate Randle El and go with a rotation of Brown and Sanders.

One more thing, I cringe when I see Mewelde Moore step onto the field. He can't pickup the blitz and his catch out of the backfield for 6 inches offer very little to the offense

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jnes1216 View Post
    Some nice catches by Sanders. There were no wide open drops a la Sweed which is always good. His second catch, I believe, was in traffic and good to see the focus. Hopefully we'll see more of him in the future. I respect ARE's contributions in the past but I hope Sanders' play makes ARE expendable. I know ARE is a locker room guy and a solid vet, but the time to bring in the younger guys seems fast approaching, just like the Pens traded Colby Armstrong and Ryan Malone, (two solid locker room guys and contributors) the Steelers need to take a page from the Pens on this one.
    I'm guessing Sweed is looking for another team next year
    :logospin:

He made 2 very clutch catches on 3rd down. Rewind a year ago when Mike Wallace made a few against the Titans in the opener. I see the same thing. Play the kid at #3, move Randle El to #4, sit Battle who's been non-existant anyway, and dress Brown for kickoff returns.

Thread Information