Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Emmanuel Sanders active against Cleveland

Bookmark and Share
    I agree, Brown should not be sitting. Tomlin is scared of his vets like Randle El. That part is obvious.

My Mood
    no mood
    I don't think he is scared of his vets, he just thinks they won't make the mistakes younger guys tend to do. That being said I would love to see Brown and sanders dressed.

James Harrison - "Right now, you know, some people may want to jump on the Steelers bandwagon.
    Don't do that. We don't need you. We didn't need you at the beginning, we don't need you now."

I think both Brown and Sanders have a very bright future with this team and Tomlin is still evaluating both men. ARE and Battle should be slowly phased to the bench as the season progresses to allow the younger guys their time.

Would you really feel more comfortable with the rooks later in the year with minimal playing time? I would rather let them get their rookie jitters out early, so they'll be ready come December.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelJunkie View Post
    I don't think he is scared of his vets, he just thinks they won't make the mistakes younger guys tend to do. That being said I would love to see Brown and sanders dressed.
    Sanders had a better grasp of the playbook by most accounts, so he is finally getting his chance after the minor injury. I don't think Tomlin wanted to insert two rookies as starters in the first four games with no Ben. Blitz reads, etc take time to adjust, ARE and the other vets are more familiar with those reads so naturally they are going to start. I don't think Tomlin is scared of the vets, it just makes common sense to ease them into the starting lineup.
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

The big problem for both rookies have been the absence of Ben. While ARE is a bad receiver, he is a vet who knows hardly makes any mistakes. He is not flashy, he does not have great hands etc. etc. but he does not cause the team turnovers etc. like rookies will do from time to time. I am pretty sure, that had Ben been under center from week one, both Sanders and Brown would have seen much more playing time.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

I really want to see the rookies play but ya'll cannot deny that ARE had a pretty good game vs. the Ravens. He isn't flashy (except for that awesome catch early on) but he does what is asked of him. I do not like him returning kicks or punts because he doesn't have the ability to score. Why not have a threat in there at all times? I seem to remember that working pretty damn well for our upcoming opponent last year

If we get up by 20 at half then expect to see Sanders get some looks in the second half. If it is close then I doubt he will see the field much in the 2nd half, and he will not be targeted unless he is WIDE open.

BTW notice at 2:21 in this video - he has some Hines blocking ability!

2nd String
    3 burners on the field at once is going to OPEN up the passing game, last year we had wallace and holmes, but now we have an extra.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    Brown should be dressing as well it's ridiculous he is not. His kickoff return in Tennessee single handily changed the entire complexion of that game and if that didnt happen who knows if the Steelers even win that game as bad as the offense looked in that game. Brown has the speed and ability to take one to the house at anytime and he should definitely be dressing over a guy like Arnaz Battle. On the plus side though I am happy that Sanders is dressing and hopefully the Steelers will use him in the 4 wide package and even in some 3 wide receiver packages with Wallace and Hines and maybe take a shot or two down the field with Sanders especially when Ben back in the lineup...
    I agree Troy..both of them AB and ES should be starting we are not using them like we should, they obvious understand the offense so bench ARE and Battle and let these young cats do their thang GO STEELERSI'm just happy Bens back FINALLY

Always have and always will love Manny Sanders... he has great potential. Im excited for this guy/

Thread Information